Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IPSEC Multiple Modems on same Subnet

IPSEC Multiple Modems on same Subnet

derSchweiz

Hi,

I want to setup multiple modems to aggregate bandwith between two sites
using Cisco CEF Per-Packet and IPSEC crypto maps. I have 5 cable modems,
which are connected to a switch, each of them on its own VLAN, and a 802.1q
trunk that runs from the switch to Cisco router, to get virtual interfaces
to access the modems. Same setup at both sites.

What could I do if the ISP assigns IP addresses that are on the same subnet
to each of these modems? i.e. 5 IP addresses are all in the 24.1.2.0/24
subnet? If I try to assign these addresses to the interfaces of the router,
it will show an error saying that addresses overlap. Is there a easy way
around this problem? Maybe some sort of NAT to hide the external addresses?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

derSchweiz

In other words would this work? Will there be any complications when setting
up IPSEC tunnels using this configuration?

24.1.2.1----<NAT>---10.0.0.0/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.1]
24.1.2.2----<NAT>---10.0.0.4/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.2]
24.1.2.3----<NAT>---10.0.0.8/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.3]
24.1.2.4----<NAT>---10.0.0.12/30---[RouterA-Virtual Interface fa0/0.4]