Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VoIP lab question

VoIP lab question

smokejo@googlemail.com

Hi there

I'm interested in learning more about VoIP, and Cisco Call Manager. At
home, I have my CCNP lab that comprises of a bunch of 2610 routers
(with WIC-1T serial modules), a 3550 EMI switch, and a couple of 2900XL
switches (probably useless when it comes to VoIP). I'm hoping to be
able to get hold of another 3550 and also a couple of IP phones to
simulate VoIP between two different networks, and also within one LAN.

I can get hold of a server that has Cisco Call Manager 4.1 installed to
play around with.

Is this all that I need? I was wondering if anyone had any experience
of setting up this sort of lab before? I'd just be interested in how
CCM works, and also the possibility of VoIP between different
networks..

Many thanks in advance