Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > QoS for VOIP on cisco 1851

QoS for VOIP on cisco 1851

al

Hi,

I am trying to configure QoS for VOIP and Video Conference traffic and
am having some difficutly in succeeding.

I have applied the following policy map and class map to the interface
on the outgoing interface fe0/0 which is being shaped into a 2mbps
link:

access-list 110 permit ip host 10.70.10.10 any
access-list 120 permit ip host 10.70.0.99 any
access-list 199 permit ip any any

class-map match-any Voice_Video_Traffic
match access-group 110
match access-group 120

class-map match-any Citrix
match access-group 130

policy-map QoS
class Voice_Video_Traffic
priority percent 35
class Citrix
bandwidth percent 20
class class-default

Interface FastEthernet 0/0
service-policy output QoS
traffic-shape group 199 2097152 262144 262144 1000

I can see the packets conforming to the policy, traffic shaping and the
access lists when there is congestion but I still seem to be getting
degredation of VOIP traffic on the link. Is there something that I have
missed here? do I need to apply something other than CBWFQ for QoS to
work?

any ideas would be much appreciated.

Al.