Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > internetwork mpls and frame-Relay from different carrier

internetwork mpls and frame-Relay from different carrier

mimiseh

Hi,
we are using FR on a hub and spoke topology. We are adding a new site and
planning to use mpls on the new site. My question is it is possible to
internetwork the mpls on the new site with our FR network. The mpls carrier
is different from our frame-Relay carrier. Thanks..

www.BradReese.Com

You may wish to investigate the AT&T MPLS Presentation:

http://www.bradreese.com/att-mpls-presentation.htm

as well as the AT&T White Paper:

Making the Transition to MPLS

http://www.bradreese.com/att-mpls-white-paper.pdf

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
2007 Cisco Salary Rates
http://www.bradreese.com/compensation-database.htm

stephen

"mimiseh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45b79125$0$503$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> we are using FR on a hub and spoke topology. We are adding a new site

and
> planning to use mpls on the new site. My question is it is possible to
> internetwork the mpls on the new site with our FR network.

Some carriers support interworking between the 2.

The mpls carrier
> is different from our frame-Relay carrier. Thanks..

<vague answer to Q without any specifics>

if the 2 carriers have an interconnect, and if they support the right sets
of interconnections (both of which dont seem to be all that common).

The worst case is you run the 2 separate networks into 1 of your sites -
although at least then the 2 carriers cannot blame each other for a fault

FWIW it is usually a real good idea to sort this out before you choose the
new carrier.

the interconnect or 2nd line at 1 of your sites may well throw away any
advantages to the new site link.

--
Regards