Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Help needed for AP Aironet 1100 firmware upgrade

Help needed for AP Aironet 1100 firmware upgrade

Xavier

Hello,

I inherited a new customer network to manage. This customer uses two Aironet
1100 AP for providing wireless network. I have configured this wireless
network so that it uses certificates and a Windows-based Radius server for
authentication. During this configuration work, I found that the AP were
providing the Radius server with an incorrect NAS-Port type. Googling
revealed that other people have enountered this situation and a firware
upgrade is required to solve the problem.

I must confess that I have no experience with Cisco access points and IOS
and the customer lost all documentation. I am looking for some guidance for
upgrading the firmware. I am not sure if I have to use things like
"Autonomous to lightweight mode upgrade tool" ?

Here is the current configuration:

Product/Model Number: AIR-AP1120B-E-K9
System Software Filename: c1100-k9w7-tar.122-11.JA
System Software Version: 12.2(11)JA
Bootloader Version: 12.2(4)JA

I also would like to be able to roll back to the current version but IOS
v12.2(11) seems not to be downloadable anymore on Cisco's web site.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Xavier

Bjarke Andersen

"Xavier" <(E-Mail Removed)> crashed Echelon writing
news:eo2rhe$b7a$(E-Mail Removed):

> I also would like to be able to roll back to the current version but IOS
> v12.2(11) seems not to be downloadable anymore on Cisco's web site.

12.2(11) is deffered, current ED IOS for 1100 is 12.3.11-JX1

If you really need a backup of old firmware just copy it out from the AP.

--
Bjarke Andersen

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Xavier,

You may wish to investigate 1100 AP Managing Firmware and
Configurations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080184aa2.html

as well as 1100 AP Troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080184ad5.html

You can locate the latest firmware for your platform and locate the
latest version of firmware, drivers, or utilities by looking at the
numbering sequence.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downl...utype=wireless

Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Softwar....cgi?majorRel=

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
http://www.BradReese.Com

Xavier

Thanks for the information.

Xavier
"Bjarke Andersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Xavier" <(E-Mail Removed)> crashed Echelon writing
> news:eo2rhe$b7a$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I also would like to be able to roll back to the current version but IOS
>> v12.2(11) seems not to be downloadable anymore on Cisco's web site.

> 12.2(11) is deffered, current ED IOS for 1100 is 12.3.11-JX1
>
> If you really need a backup of old firmware just copy it out from the AP.
>
> --
> Bjarke Andersen

Xavier

Thanks for the pointers. I've downloaded the docs and will read them
carefully.

Xavier

"www.BradReese.Com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi Xavier,
>
> You may wish to investigate 1100 AP Managing Firmware and
> Configurations:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080184aa2.html
>
> as well as 1100 AP Troubleshooting:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080184ad5.html
>
> You can locate the latest firmware for your platform and locate the
> latest version of firmware, drivers, or utilities by looking at the
> numbering sequence.
>
> http://tools.cisco.com/support/downl...utype=wireless
>
> Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Softwar....cgi?majorRel=
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Brad Reese
> http://www.BradReese.Com

Aaron Leonard

Note that 12.3(11)JX1 is *not* for autonomous IOS operation - it's for
LWAPP only.

Latest IOS for Aironet APs is 12.3(11)JA1 (confusingly, this is more
recent than 12.3(11)JX1.) However, 12.3(11)JA branch autonomous IOS
won't run on 16MB APs such as the 1100 ... the latest sw for aIOS
for the 1100 is 12.3(JEA (with 12.3(JEA1 due out by the end of this
week, last I heard.)

So I would first copy the existing 12.2(11)JA code (and your config)
from the AP to a TFTP server. (Use "archive upload" for the former
operation and "write net" [or equivalent] for the latter.) Then try
putting 12.3(JEA on.

Aaron

---

~ Thanks for the information.
~
~ Xavier
~ "Bjarke Andersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
~ news:Xns98B49A9E9D52bjoegdk@130.225.247.90...
~ > "Xavier" <(E-Mail Removed)> crashed Echelon writing
~ > news:eo2rhe$b7a$(E-Mail Removed):
~ >
~ >> I also would like to be able to roll back to the current version but IOS
~ >> v12.2(11) seems not to be downloadable anymore on Cisco's web site.
~ >
~ > 12.2(11) is deffered, current ED IOS for 1100 is 12.3.11-JX1
~ >
~ > If you really need a backup of old firmware just copy it out from the AP.
~ >
~ > --
~ > Bjarke Andersen
~