Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PPTP clients connecting to PIX VPN host

PPTP clients connecting to PIX VPN host

bensonlei@yahoo.com.hk

Hi, all,

I have a problem:

In the past, we used PPTP clients of Windows XP to connect to the Cisco
PIX as the PPTP server for establishing a VPN tunnel, this worked fine
since the PIX had a public IP for the PIX.

But recently, we have re-config the network topology, so that a Router
has been placed in front of the PIX to the internet as the following
diagram:

Past: Internet ------ PIX ----- Company LAN
Now: Internet ------ ( Router---PIX ) ---- Company LAN

So that the internet Router has a public IP and the PIX has only
private IP which causes the Internet users can not find the PIX.

Any suggestion or advice ?