Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Load Balancing 3 ADSL lines

Load Balancing 3 ADSL lines

Intelkid

HI,
Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group
I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do
loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that?
I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?

Experts kinly help me out.

Regards,

Karthik

Gerald Krause

Drake wrote:

> "Intelkid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> HI,
>> Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group
>> I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do
>> loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that?
>> I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?

> Which one?
>>
>> Experts kinly help me out.

> Not exactly an expert.
>>

> If it ADSL2/2+ rather than plain ADSL then be aware that the new
> HWIC ADSL2/2+ cards are not compatible with the 2600.
>
> If it is plain ADSL: you'll need 3 WIC-1ADSL cards, Do you have
> 3 open slots on your router?

In the case of using ADSL: the 2600 series has two built-in WIC slots
so the OP need a additional NM-2W*) module to carry another DSL WIC
card.

*) be aware of the fact that the WIC-1xDSL cards only work in certain
NM's. I'am stumpled upon that behaviour some time ago :/.
See:
http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/r...html#topicsub1

--
Gerald (ax/tc)

Drake

"Intelkid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> HI,
> Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group
> I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do
> loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that?
> I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?

Which one?

> Experts kinly help me out.

Not exactly an expert.

If it ADSL2/2+ rather than plain ADSL then be aware that the new
HWIC ADSL2/2+ cards are not compatible with the 2600.

If it is plain ADSL: you'll need 3 WIC-1ADSL cards, Do you have
3 open slots on your router?

> Regards,
>
> Karthik

Intelkid

Hi,
Thanks for your immediate responce. I am not very good in
networking.
The clear scenario is:

Locations B & C are connected to location A by Wireless point to point
Location B have 2 ADSL lines terminated
Location C have 1 ADSL line teminated

at persent i am distributing by diffrent gateways for diffrent
locations.

is it possible to load balance these 3 adsl lines?

Regards,
Karthik

On Jan 9, 12:30 pm, Gerald Krause <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Drake wrote:
>
> > "Intelkid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >> HI,
> >> Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group
> >> I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do
> >> loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that?
> >> I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?

> > Which one?

> >> Experts kinly help me out.

> > Not exactly an expert.

> > If it ADSL2/2+ rather than plain ADSL then be aware that the new
> > HWIC ADSL2/2+ cards are not compatible with the 2600.

> > If it is plain ADSL: you'll need 3 WIC-1ADSL cards, Do you have
> > 3 open slots on your router?In the case of using ADSL: the 2600 series has two built-in WIC slots

> so the OP need a additional NM-2W*) module to carry another DSL WIC
> card.
>
> *) be aware of the fact that the WIC-1xDSL cards only work in certain
> NM's. I'am stumpled upon that behaviour some time ago :/.
> See:http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/r...ts_tech_note09...
>
> --
> Gerald (ax/tc)

Drake

"Intelkid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
> Thanks for your immediate responce. I am not very good in
> networking.
> The clear scenario is:
>
> Locations B & C are connected to location A by Wireless point to point
> Location B have 2 ADSL lines terminated
> Location C have 1 ADSL line teminated
>
> at persent i am distributing by diffrent gateways for diffrent
> locations.
>
> is it possible to load balance these 3 adsl lines?

So, where do you want to load-balance?
- At location A? where presumably you'd balance 2 ethernet connections?
- Do you want to terminate all ADSL lines at one point, stick'em in a router
and go from there?

Intelkid

Hi,
I want to loadbalance all this 3 lines in location A, loadbalance and
make it as a single gatewasy to all the users, one of my friend says
it's possible by the router with diffrent network segments is that
true?

Let me knw

Karthik

Drake wrote:
> "Intelkid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for your immediate responce. I am not very good in
> > networking.
> > The clear scenario is:
> >
> > Locations B & C are connected to location A by Wireless point to point
> > Location B have 2 ADSL lines terminated
> > Location C have 1 ADSL line teminated
> >
> > at persent i am distributing by diffrent gateways for diffrent
> > locations.
> >
> > is it possible to load balance these 3 adsl lines?
> >

> So, where do you want to load-balance?
> - At location A? where presumably you'd balance 2 ethernet connections?
> - Do you want to terminate all ADSL lines at one point, stick'em in a router
> and go from there?

>>-(DIL)->

DEAR KARTHIK, IF YOU CAN LOAD BALANCE AS MANY LINES AS YOU HAVE BY TWO
METHODS

1. IF YOU HAVE THE BROADBAND CONNECTIVITY FROM ONE SERVICE PROVIDER YOU
CAN DO IT BY ETHERCHANNELING (PROTOCOL WILL BE PAgP) FOR THAT YOU
SHOULD HAVE A STATIC IP ADDRESS FOR ALL THE ADSL LINKS WHICH YOU HAVE
(BASIC REQUIREMENT)

2. IF YOU HAVE THE BROADBAND CONNECTIVITY FROM DIFFERENT SERVICE
PROVIDERS YOU CAN DO IT BY CONFIGURING ALL IP ADDRESS IN CATALYST
SWITCHES AND DO THE INTERDOMAIN ROUTING AND APPLYING STATIC OR DEFAULT
ROUTING IN THE ROUTER

3. YOU HAVE A THIRD PARTY OPTION WHERE YOU CAN DO IT WITH THIS
EQUIPMENT

http://www.dlink.co.in/dlink/Product...rver/dp602.htm

THE BASIC THING IN THIS IS YOU CAN DO IT WITH TWO DSL CONNECTIONS IF
YOU WANT TO ADD MORE YOU CAN GET ONE MORE THING OF THE SAME PRODUCT AND
YOU CAN CONFIGURE IN BRIDGE MODE AND CALL BACK.

REGARDS DILIP.......................!

Intelkid wrote:
> HI,
> Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group
> I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do
> loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that?
> I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?
>
> Experts kinly help me out.
>
> Regards,
>
> Karthik

Intelkid