Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Q) Application Desgin: MSMQ, ADO in VB6

Q) Application Desgin: MSMQ, ADO in VB6

Ramie

Dear MCSDs,

I am a systems architect. I am in the process of
desigining a VB application. I need your inputs on this
application design.

In a nutshell, the application needs to read multiple
messages (each can be as large as 30MB) from a MSMQ queue
and store in a DB2 table using direct ADO calls [I mean no
SQL stored procedures].

This application will be scheduled to run at specfic time
intervals (say every 2 hours), so will be hosted in
Control-M.

Note: The design oprions - VB language, Control-M, ADO,
and MSMQ are fixed, should say, dictated by the Tech
Archtiecture team, so no other options can be considered.

Please share your thoughts on this application design. In
case, you need additional information, please feel free to
ask me.

Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,
Ramie

VB 6.0 & ADO 2.7 or VB.NET & ADO.NET? How are the messages structured? You
may want to verify to what extent the ADO provider for DB2 supports BLOBs.

WKidd

"Ramie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0cc601c39fdc$170ceb50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear MCSDs,
>
> I am a systems architect. I am in the process of
> desigining a VB application. I need your inputs on this
> application design.
>
> In a nutshell, the application needs to read multiple
> messages (each can be as large as 30MB) from a MSMQ queue
> and store in a DB2 table using direct ADO calls [I mean no
> SQL stored procedures].
>
> This application will be scheduled to run at specfic time
> intervals (say every 2 hours), so will be hosted in
> Control-M.
>
> Note: The design oprions - VB language, Control-M, ADO,
> and MSMQ are fixed, should say, dictated by the Tech
> Archtiecture team, so no other options can be considered.
>
> Please share your thoughts on this application design. In
> case, you need additional information, please feel free to
> ask me.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Warm Regards,
> Ramie

Ramie

The application needs to be deveoped in VB 6.0 & ADO 2.7.
I am not sure about ADO/DB2 provider limitations for data
size.

General Protection Fault

Wow, you're a systems architect? Does your employer know you post to
newsgroups to figure out how to do your job?

Ramie wrote:
> Dear MCSDs,
>
> I am a systems architect. I am in the process of
> desigining a VB application. I need your inputs on this
> application design.
>
> In a nutshell, the application needs to read multiple
> messages (each can be as large as 30MB) from a MSMQ queue
> and store in a DB2 table using direct ADO calls [I mean no
> SQL stored procedures].
>
> This application will be scheduled to run at specfic time
> intervals (say every 2 hours), so will be hosted in
> Control-M.
>
> Note: The design oprions - VB language, Control-M, ADO,
> and MSMQ are fixed, should say, dictated by the Tech
> Archtiecture team, so no other options can be considered.
>
> Please share your thoughts on this application design. In
> case, you need additional information, please feel free to
> ask me.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Warm Regards,
> Ramie

An expert is someone who knows when and where to find the answer. A neophyte
is someone who thinks they already have all the answers they need.

WKidd

"General Protection Fault" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

ADO.NET in VB6 vul ASP .Net 6 07-30-2006 09:16 PM
Translating Oracle Package Call from ADO to ADO.Net dmiratsky@yahoo.com ASP .Net 0 02-14-2005 10:39 PM
Transfer ADO Code to ADO.NET ronaldlee ASP .Net 1 12-17-2004 04:08 PM
Accessing an ADO Recordset or Record from ADO.NET nita ASP .Net 1 11-20-2004 07:06 AM
Vb6 object returning ADO Recordset - Error in .NET Developer ASP .Net 0 08-11-2003 03:27 PM

Advertisments