Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Lock out from console

Lock out from console

Sarastra Maya

Hi,

I accidently locked myself out of console interface while configuring a
4500 with sup. IV. I did'nt set a password on the interface or set any
timeout to properly allow enough time to see the prompt login--(VTY or
CON) and now I'm lock out.

Is there a way to restore or break this?
\

Thanks!

Steve Ray

Try a reboot

"Sarastra Maya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I accidently locked myself out of console interface while configuring a
> 4500 with sup. IV. I did'nt set a password on the interface or set any
> timeout to properly allow enough time to see the prompt login--(VTY or
> CON) and now I'm lock out.
>
> Is there a way to restore or break this?
> \
>
> Thanks!

darrell

Password Recovery Procedure for the Catalyst 4500/4000 Supervisor
Engine II+/III/IV/V Module

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...800945f7.shtml

Sarastra Maya

Thanks, Guys! Sounds like I have to do the whole password recovery
procedure...