Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Catalyst 2960 and IP Phone QoS

Catalyst 2960 and IP Phone QoS

justin_ltg@yahoo.com

Does QoS on this switch only support Cisco IP Phones/softphone? The
documentation makes it seem as if only Cisco IP phones and Softphones
v1.3 or greater are supported/work with QoS.

Thanks for any help
Justin

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

> Does QoS on this switch only support Cisco IP Phones/softphone? The
> documentation makes it seem as if only Cisco IP phones and Softphones
> v1.3 or greater are supported/work with QoS.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Justin

No.

The switch has general QoS features and tools that are
completely independent of the connected device,

I think that there is a feature that auto-detects cisco ip
phones and auto-magicaly fixes up this and that but the
QoS features can be manually configured independently
of the auto-detect-phone thing. I suspect.