Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP Pro not accessible from PC's with XP Home

XP Pro not accessible from PC's with XP Home

=?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJk?=

I have 3 PC's in my house. PC's 1 and 2 have XP Home. PC 3 has XP
Professional. PC's 1 and 2 cannot see the networked files of PC 3. However
PC 3 can see the files of PC 1 and 2. PC 1 and PC 2 can also see each
others files as well. When I view PC 3's Network Places all of PC 3's shared
files appear along with all of PC 1 and 2's shared files.

I'm left to conclude that there is some other security feature in XP Pro
that is preventing the XP Home computers from "seeing" it. I've studied and
disabled all firewalls and investigated for any quirky things in my LINKSYS
wireless router. I've studied a lot of suggested literature from others in
this community and have not found a solution. I've made sure that PC 3 shared
folders have the correct boxes marked to allow network users access.

Can you help me?
--
howard

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

May be this can Help, successful Sharing involves some general consideration
in Network settings, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Basic XP -
Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx>