Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > html sql client

html sql client

gert

Anybody who is interested in a sql client with a html interface

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfo/

db7 is for python based on cherrypy, code is straightforward and easy
to modify so it can work with other sql databases.

db5 was before i knew pyhton

Suggestions very welcome about what to do next.

I was thinking about making a column module that names the columns, i
was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
what is allot of work.

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

In <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, gert wrote:

> I was thinking about making a column module that names the columns, i
> was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
> because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
> what is allot of work.

Are you searching for the `description` attribute of cursors? Section
`Cursor Objects`:

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

gert

On Mar 2, 7:33 am, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, gert wrote:
> > I was thinking about making a column module that names the columns, i
> > was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
> > because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
> > what is allot of work.

> Are you searching for the `description` attribute of cursors? Section
> `Cursor Objects`:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

i think so if cursor.description would give me for example the word
databases when i do a query like "show databases" or gives me all the
column names when i do "select * from mytable"

gert

On Mar 2, 8:33 am, "gert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 7:33 am, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, gert wrote:
> > > I was thinking about making a column module that names the columns, i
> > > was hoping there would be some sort of api feature that already exist
> > > because parsing sql statemants to figure out which column is refers to
> > > what is allot of work.

> > Are you searching for the `description` attribute of cursors? Section
> > `Cursor Objects`:

> > http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

> i think so if cursor.description would give me for example the word
> databases when i do a query like "show databases" or gives me all the
> column names when i do "select * from mytable"

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfo/

Alrigdy i have columns with names now thx

gert

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfo/

Added some firefox2 ajax technologies to it and made it xhtml 1.1
valid