Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Wide angle compact/bridge

Wide angle compact/bridge

JRS

looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle zoom. Any
recommendations?

TIA

Jon

David J Taylor

JRS wrote:
> looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle zoom. Any
> recommendations?
>
> TIA
>
> Jon

I recently bought one of these - 28 - 200mm, image stabilisation - but I
bought it more for the size than the performance. Wide angle was an
important factor.

http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh..._r5_review.htm

Jessops had them on special offer.

Cheers,
David

Bandicoot

"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk>
wrote in message news:9NlDh.5374$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> JRS wrote:
> > looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle
> > zoom. Any recommendations?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Jon

> I recently bought one of these - 28 - 200mm, image stabilisation -
> but I bought it more for the size than the performance. Wide angle
> was an important factor.
>
> http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh..._r5_review.htm

My GF has the R4 and is very happy with it. The wide end of the zoom was
important, and it seems to produce good results for her. Fast start up and
not too much shutter lag was another criterion that it met very nicely.

Peter

Bandicoot

"Bandicoot" <"insert_handle_here"@techemail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "David J Taylor"

<(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk>
> wrote in message news:9NlDh.5374$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> > JRS wrote:
> > > looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle
> > > zoom. Any recommendations?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Jon

> > I recently bought one of these - 28 - 200mm, image stabilisation -
> > but I bought it more for the size than the performance. Wide
> > angle was an important factor.
> >
> > http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh..._r5_review.htm
> >

> My GF has the R4 and is very happy with it. The wide end of the
> zoom was important, and it seems to produce good results for her.
> Fast start up and not too much shutter lag was another criterion that
> it met very nicely.

I should have added - we also looked at a Panasonic Lumix (sorry, can't
recall the model number, but it's the one that's in the same sizer and price
bracket as the R4) for her, and didn't like its much longer shutter lag, but
another friend has one and is very happy.

Peter

Jack Torrence

"JRS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45ddd616$0$8758$(E-Mail Removed)...
> looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle zoom. Any
> recommendations?

Panasonic TZ2 & TZ3. Not out yet though.

bugbear

JRS wrote:
> looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle zoom. Any
> recommendations?

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/v570.html
(don't have one, just read reviews)

BugBear