Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > brain dumps

brain dumps

Matthew

although I have no interest in brain dumps themselves, I am curious as
to how they actually work.

How do these things leak out, and what do they consist of?

Is it literally a case of someone taking an exam and half an hour
later writing down the five questions they could remember, or are they
inside jobs consisting of verbatim transcripts.

And assuming they are for real, wouldn't it be easy to defeat them by
changing the answer order around?

Chelvy

I am curious too......

I can see a quite an amount of opposition for that
site.... How come MS is not taking any action?

Anybody know Bill Gates?

Jaime

Because Microsoft still makes money, they don't' care if you can't get a job
or keep one because you don't know enough, its not their problem.
"Chelvy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03df01c39609$286efbe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am curious too......
>
> I can see a quite an amount of opposition for that
> site.... How come MS is not taking any action?
>
> Anybody know Bill Gates?

Kline Sphere

They have done in the past. Although as with any company, it is hard
to take action when many sites and operations operate out of China and
other third world countries, whose so called Governments have no
regard for copyright law.

But yes, Microsoft could do more against the home grown culprits.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:20:57 -0700, "Chelvy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am curious too......
>
>I can see a quite an amount of opposition for that
>site.... How come MS is not taking any action?
>
>Anybody know Bill Gates?

Jay Walters

It's really easy if you think about it.

People take tests and either manage to photograph the
screens or try to memorize a chuck of the questions.

If they do this enough, they'll be able to create
practice tests that cover most of the question pool.

Any real developer should be strictly against this
because the greater the problem, the less the certficate
is valued by employers and clients. - Hence making it
less attractive for us to take the exams in the first
place.

Myo

By my experience, I took MFC exam 4 years ago. At that night, I wrote down
questions I had taken for friends who wanted to know questions. Amazingly, I
could write down 58 out of 65 although I could not write down exact word by
word.
Braindump has started in that way. At first, people tried to tell friends
what are questions or at least what topics & subjects should be studied
before taking exam. For them, it is simply helping friends.
But later, things go in quite different trend. Those guys who want to make
money by selling exact questions can manage to get exact questions by some
ways. And then, it proliferates through out the web.
Now, I think, at least Microsoft is aware of that and, recently, I took
VC++6.0 desktop exam. Out of 43 multiple choices, only 3 are from braindump
and the rest are all new questions. But may be this is a little late for
saving the reputation of certificates. They should adopt changing exam
questions more frequently so that it will be a little difficult to leak.
Anyways, this is not a perfect or ideal world and things are just like that.
Have fun for exam game
mna

"Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> although I have no interest in brain dumps themselves, I am curious as
> to how they actually work.
>
> How do these things leak out, and what do they consist of?
>
> Is it literally a case of someone taking an exam and half an hour
> later writing down the five questions they could remember, or are they
> inside jobs consisting of verbatim transcripts.
>
> And assuming they are for real, wouldn't it be easy to defeat them by
> changing the answer order around?

I don't know if this brain dump is for a MCSD. Perhaps someone can verify.

http://www.acclaimclipart.net/clipar..._surgery.shtml

"Matthew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> although I have no interest in brain dumps themselves, I am curious as
> to how they actually work.
>
> How do these things leak out, and what do they consist of?
>
> Is it literally a case of someone taking an exam and half an hour
> later writing down the five questions they could remember, or are they
> inside jobs consisting of verbatim transcripts.
>
> And assuming they are for real, wouldn't it be easy to defeat them by
> changing the answer order around?

Ben Guterson [MSFT]

Please take a look at MS's ongoing efforts to combat exam
piracy:
http://www.microsoft.com/TrainCert/m...ram/piracy.asp

Ben Guterson [MSFT]
"This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and
confers no rights."

Kline Sphere

>Please take a look at MS's ongoing efforts to combat exam
>piracy:
>http://www.microsoft.com/TrainCert/m...ram/piracy.asp

And what's happened since then, given that the page is almost a year
old?

Ben Guterson [MSFT]

You raise a really good point. I'm going to see if we
can't get some updated info on the site, including the
faq. Thanks for suggesting this.

Ben Guterson [MSFT]
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and
confers no rights.

left brain and right brain permutations pataphor Python 0 06-14-2009 07:14 PM
How well the brain dumps would be? GTS MCSD 1 01-02-2005 11:05 PM
Are BootCamps Brain Dumps? . MCSE 12 11-12-2004 04:20 PM
Re: brain dumps Beoweolf Microsoft Certification 3 07-14-2003 02:38 AM
brain dumps talid MCSE 1 07-13-2003 05:26 PM

Advertisments