Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD.NET from MCSD on VB6

MCSD.NET from MCSD on VB6

Don Loughran

I thought I saw a page on the MCSD.NET certification site
that said that an MCSD on VB6 would be considered as a
fullfilment of the elective requirements for MCSD.NET. I
have just completed the four core exams required for
MCSD.NET, but my transcript only shows me as a MCAD
on .NET. Does anyone have any further information?

Thanks.

Kline Sphere

>I thought I saw a page on the MCSD.NET certification site
>that said that an MCSD on VB6 would be considered as a
>fullfilment of the elective requirements for MCSD.NET.

You thought wrong....

Jay Walters

Never heard of it... Sorry.

Kael V. Dowdy

"Jay Walters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<01a101c3968b$c25b74e0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Never heard of it... Sorry.

Check out http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...entsdotnet.asp
for requirements on elective exams for MCSD.NET.

One of the more common elective exams for MCSD VS6 is 70-229,
Designing and Implementing DBs with MS SQL Server. If you took this
elective for your MCSD VS6, then it can be used for MCSD.NET as well.
Only a few VS6 track electives carried over to the new .NET track.
Check out the hyperlink above for more info...

Kael

> >.

Jaime

It's really the best choice because it means you only have to take 2 more
test for your MCDBA, but I don't know anyone who takes any of the other
electives anyway.
"Kael V. Dowdy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Jay Walters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<01a101c3968b$c25b74e0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Never heard of it... Sorry.

MCSD In VB6 - Upgrade track to MCAD or MCSD .NET? RichG MCAD 2 01-28-2004 04:42 PM
mcsd for vb6 tarik MCSD 1 11-13-2003 03:20 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments