Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD Exam

MCSD Exam

AG

Hello,

I have 6 years exp. on VB6 and I am interested in going
for the certification of VB.Net.

Please advice how should I start.

RGDS

Jaime

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...entsdotnet.asp
"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2d34a01c3947a$968363e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have 6 years exp. on VB6 and I am interested in going
> for the certification of VB.Net.
>
> Please advice how should I start.
>
> RGDS

Laurent Desmons

really appreciate this kind of reply !!

tnet.asp
>"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:2d34a01c3947a$968363e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have 6 years exp. on VB6 and I am interested in going
>> for the certification of VB.Net.
>>
>> Please advice how should I start.
>>
>> RGDS
>>

>.

Laurent Desmons

I think you should also have in mind that the MCAD.NET
certification is a direct subset of the MCSD.NET
certification, so you should start by completing MCAD
first.

good luck !

Jaime

You have 6 yrs of experience on vb6, what do you want, us to hold your hand
or buy the books for you? Go get some study material or use the MSDN
library and take the tests.
"Laurent Desmons" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:094b01c3947e$5f4a97a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> really appreciate this kind of reply !!

Humanity

Yes, I agree. Those URL-only replies are quite rude.
I see so many of them here; kill me now.

"Laurent Desmons" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:094b01c3947e$5f4a97a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> really appreciate this kind of reply !!

emg

"Humanity" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OQEv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I agree. Those URL-only replies are quite rude.
> I see so many of them here; kill me now.

I have to disagree.

It's one thing when an end-user wanders into the Microsoft newsgroups
looking for basic help with using a computer. A simple comment directing
them to the appropriate group is the correct thing to do, a rude remark is
incorrect.

However, a so-called "developer" ought to be able to find Microsoft.com and
search for Certification requirements. If they can't accomplish this
simple task, they are sorely lacking in the initiative necessary to BE a
software developer. How are they going to function in a professional
environment where you are expected to research and solve your own problems
quickly on a daily basis? If they've at least READ the requirements, and
are confused by the language discussing the electives, or want to know about
particular books or study materials, I have no problem with them posting the
question although these questions as well could often be resolved by
SEARCHING the history of this newsgroup rather than posting the question
anew.

I don't respond to these questions at all. If someone else is kind enough
to take the time to post the same link over and over again, they are
performing a service. They have put more effort into helping that person
achieve his goals than the person is willing to put in himself. That does
not excuse sarcastic remarks that others post - - but I see no rudeness in
posting the link to the certification requirements page.