Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dust removal from Nikon

Dust removal from Nikon

Ockham's Razor

Where can i enquire about dust removal services from Nikon?

TIA

carrying a cross."
Sinclair Lewis

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:32:36 -0800, in rec.photo.digital Ockham's Razor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Where can i enquire about dust removal services from Nikon?

Why? It's trivial to do it yourself. Otherwise talk to the either Nikon
Tech site on the appropriate coast of USA. Or a local dealer who is a
certified repair center.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Savageduck

Ockham's Razor wrote:
> Where can i enquire about dust removal services from Nikon?
>
> TIA

Hi,
A little time and care with the right tools will allow you the pleasure
of doing this yourself. It is so satisfying not to depend on others. I
am including some URLs to some of the best information and tool
providers. They have let me solve the dust problem for myself. Just go
slowly and remember you are not cleaning the sensor, but the low pass
filter protecting the sensor.

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/
http://www.photosol.com/
http://www.kinetronics.com/
http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/eclipse.html
https://www.micro-tools.com/store/home.aspx
http://www.visibledust.com/products.php

I think you will find all the information you need in that bunch.

Good luck,
'duck

Ockham's Razor

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Savageduck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ockham's Razor wrote:
> > Where can i enquire about dust removal services from Nikon?
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Hi,
> A little time and care with the right tools will allow you the pleasure
> of doing this yourself. It is so satisfying not to depend on others. I
> am including some URLs to some of the best information and tool
> providers. They have let me solve the dust problem for myself. Just go
> slowly and remember you are not cleaning the sensor, but the low pass
> filter protecting the sensor.
>
> http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/
> http://www.photosol.com/
> http://www.kinetronics.com/
> http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/eclipse.html
> https://www.micro-tools.com/store/home.aspx
> http://www.visibledust.com/products.php
>
> I think you will find all the information you need in that bunch.
>
> Good luck,
> 'duck

Many thanks for taking the time to answer so completely.

carrying a cross."
Sinclair Lewis

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

Ockham's Razor wrote:

> Where can i enquire about dust removal services from Nikon?

http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/sensor.htm

Rita

Ockham's Razor

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rita Δ Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

> Ockham's Razor wrote:
>
> > Where can i enquire about dust removal services from Nikon?

> http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/sensor.htm

Gee, Nikon doesn't list this for purchase.

carrying a cross."
Sinclair Lewis

gpaleo

Ο "Rita A Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ockham's Razor wrote:
>
>> Where can i enquire about dust removal services from Nikon?

> http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/sensor.htm
> Rita

)