Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > "RAW" software

"RAW" software

piper7105

I have a Canon Rebel and was using the software that was included to process
raw files. My question, is there a better program or should I just stay with
the Canon version.

ray

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:40:56 +0000, piper7105 wrote:

> I have a Canon Rebel and was using the software that was included to process
> raw files. My question, is there a better program or should I just stay with
> the Canon version.

ufraw is pretty cool, and free.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:40:56 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "piper7105"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Canon Rebel and was using the software that was included to process
>raw files. My question, is there a better program or should I just stay with
>the Canon version.

Grab a free copy of RSE while it is still available and give it a try.
http://www.pixmantec.com/products/ra...essentials.asp
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Dave

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:40:56 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "piper7105"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have a Canon Rebel and was using the software that was included to process
>> raw files. My question, is there a better program or should I just stay with
>> the Canon version.

> Grab a free copy of RSE while it is still available and give it a try.
> http://www.pixmantec.com/products/ra...essentials.asp

If the OP is refering to having the new rebel XTi,RSE won't work unless
you hack the Rawshooter.exe file and convert the .cr2 files to .dng with
the Adobe converter.

Dave

--
"...voters are not apathetic; rather, they are too deeply concerned
with the nation's serious problems to be interested in the