Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 70-316 Preparation

70-316 Preparation

Dan

I've puchased the Exam Cram book from Que for the 70-316 test. I've
been developing in ASP.net and Windows applications since the beta
versions. The reason I got the book was because I figured that I just
need a quick refresher on topics I may not have used a lot. I tried a
couple of tests that came with the book (PrepLogic practice exams) and
to my surprise a lot of the questions are on topics that just don't
make sense to me. For example, they will have code snippets on what is
the best way to draw a blue dashed rectangle on the form. Who cares
about stuff like that? Is it just that the test exams that I installed
are not realistic, or is Microsoft actually testing on that type of
knowledge. I would expet the exam to be heavy on ADO.Net, OO design
etc. Can anybody lead me in the right direction?

Grant

That example about the best way to draw a blue dashed
rectangle on the form is a load of *******s.

Get your hands on SelfTest or MeasureUp test exams... the
actual exams were quite similar.

don't worry about those questions. even though you won't
be able to answer to EVERY question (how knows the MSDN on
the tip of the tongue ??), the actual exam is very similar
to those training exams. just focus on those.

good luck !

In my experience (I used the Que Exam Cram 2 book and the
free Preplogic test exam software), the book is a very
good overview with pertinent example questions in it.
However, I found the Preplogic software sample questions
to be poorly worded, and of limited relevance to the
actual exam (I passed by the way).
I have found the SelfTest and MeasureUp ones to be the
best.

imitrache

What materials did you use to study?

I have some materials for 70-300, we can discuss about exams, send me an
email at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Regards,

wantajob

Hi there,

Just gave 70-316 2 days back...failed the test by 15 marks...got 685
REALLY want to clear the exam second time. If any of u guys have sampl
questions/brain dumps..pls post it...Thank

wantajo

Kline Sphere

>Just gave 70-316 2 days back

What did you give it?

General Protection Fault

wantajob wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just gave 70-316 2 days back...failed the test by 15 marks...got 685.
> REALLY want to clear the exam second time. If any of u guys have sample
> questions/brain dumps..pls post it...Thanks

I believe it was P.T. Barnum who said, "If at first you don't succeed,
cheat like a weasel."

Eric Engler

I agree about PrepLogic. Those tests are off the mark, and way too
easy. If you use PrepLogic tests as a gage of your progress, you'll
get a rude awakening!

Eric

vivekv2078

Hi

I am also preparing for 70-316 using Amit Kalani's book I find the boo
very good ( very big but good) I am also able to answere most of th
question from each chapter and also from the Practice test at the en
of the book. But I just cant get my way around Preplogic software exa
...I feel that it is too close to knowing each and every method of al
the classes etc. and so I am not able to ans most of the question fro
Preplogic.

As a matter of fact I was quite confident that I would be able to pas
the exam while I was reading through the book but have a a go a
Preplogic I am totaly loosing my confidence.

Any ideas on how this book is
MCAD/MCSD EXAM (70-316) QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, WITH HANDS ON LABS
Developping WINDOWS APPLICATIONS WITH Visual C# [E-BOOK: ADOBE READER]

http://tinyurl.com/x01s

I am thinking of getting it.

vive

vivekv207