Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is a 1/1.8" (7.18 x 5.32 mm) sensor sufficient for 10mp and 12mp?

Is a 1/1.8" (7.18 x 5.32 mm) sensor sufficient for 10mp and 12mp?

Kennedy McEwen

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Kennedy McEwen wrote:
>
>> >stinginess (instead of common
>> >sense ). No, that's Scottish. (John,

>> Scotch is a drink, not a nation.)

>In the part you clipped, I referred to Scotch-Irish, Scots, and Irish.
>The Queen of England herself referred to the first one herself, over
>200 years ago.

You'll note the irrelevance of Queen of *England*'s description natives
of the other country under discussion.

>It's a well known genealogical term, at least stateside,

Well known, but incorrect.

>and it's incorrect to use "Scottish" or "Scots" in its place.

On the contrary, "Scots" *is* the correct usage in the specific example
you cited.
--
Kennedy

John McWilliams

Kennedy McEwen wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
> McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>> In the part you clipped, I referred to Scotch-Irish, Scots, and Irish.
>> The Queen of England herself referred to the first one herself, over
>> 200 years ago.

> You'll note the irrelevance of Queen of *England*'s description natives
> of the other country under discussion.

It was a reference to those Scots who had gone to live and work in
Ireland, usually on a plantation, and ended up in England.

>> It's a well known genealogical term, at least stateside,

> Well known, but incorrect.
>
>> and it's incorrect to use "Scottish" or "Scots" in its place.
>>

> On the contrary, "Scots" *is* the correct usage in the specific example
> you cited.

It isn't. So:

Who are you and what are your credentials in this matter? Are you a
rabid Scot? An erudite American? A turncoat?

--
lsmft

Kennedy McEwen

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Kennedy McEwen wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
>>McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> In the part you clipped, I referred to Scotch-Irish, Scots, and
>>>Irish. The Queen of England herself referred to the first one
>>>herself, over 200 years ago.

>> You'll note the irrelevance of Queen of *England*'s description
>>natives of the other country under discussion.

>It was a reference to those Scots who had gone to live and work in
>Ireland, usually on a plantation, and ended up in England.

Like so many in your country, you clearly know little about the history
of the Scots in Ireland.

Perhaps if more Yanks had ever bothered to learn that history, instead
of myths about leprechauns and the blarney stone, then it wouldn't have
taken a bunch of arabs turning airliners into guided missiles to have
ended your decades of funding Irish terrorism.

>>> It's a well known genealogical term, at least stateside,

>> Well known, but incorrect.
>>
>>> and it's incorrect to use "Scottish" or "Scots" in its place.
>>>

>> On the contrary, "Scots" *is* the correct usage in the specific
>>example you cited.

>It isn't. So:
>
>Who are you and what are your credentials in this matter? Are you a
>rabid Scot? An erudite American? A turncoat?

Your preconceptions about your particular credentials, whilst obviously
misplaced, are quite clear in the above statement. As it happens, my
credentials are precisely those of the topic under discussion, unlike
you.
--
Kennedy

J. Clarke

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:23:16 +0000, Kennedy McEwen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
>McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>Kennedy McEwen wrote:
>>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
>>>McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>>> You'll note the irrelevance of Queen of *England*'s description
>>>natives of the other country under discussion.

>>It was a reference to those Scots who had gone to live and work in
>>Ireland, usually on a plantation, and ended up in England.
>>

>Like so many in your country, you clearly know little about the history
>of the Scots in Ireland.
>
>Perhaps if more Yanks had ever bothered to learn that history, instead
>of myths about leprechauns and the blarney stone, then it wouldn't have
>taken a bunch of arabs turning airliners into guided missiles to have
>ended your decades of funding Irish terrorism.

>>> Well known, but incorrect.

>>> On the contrary, "Scots" *is* the correct usage in the specific
>>>example you cited.

>>It isn't. So:
>>
>>Who are you and what are your credentials in this matter? Are you a
>>rabid Scot? An erudite American? A turncoat?
>>

>Your preconceptions about your particular credentials, whilst obviously
>misplaced, are quite clear in the above statement. As it happens, my
>credentials are precisely those of the topic under discussion,

So you're a 1/1.8" sensor?

John McWilliams

Kennedy McEwen wrote:

>> Who are you and what are your credentials in this matter? Are you a
>> rabid Scot? An erudite American? A turncoat?
>>

> Your preconceptions about your particular credentials, whilst obviously
> misplaced, are quite clear in the above statement. As it happens, my
> credentials are precisely those of the topic under discussion, unlike you.

Could you be more obtuse?

C'mon, I dare you.

--
lsmft

lubecki@hotmail.com

On Feb 11, 5:01 am, "Paul D. Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I keep hearing from students and folks with laptops that since
> they only have 800 vertical pixels, they get annoyed scrolling
> down. Hard to please everyone, it seems.

It's simple, really:

A: Because it interrupts the logical flow of the message.

Q: Why is top-posting frowned upon?

-Gniewko

Kennedy McEwen

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John
McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Kennedy McEwen wrote:
>
>>> Who are you and what are your credentials in this matter? Are you a
>>>rabid Scot? An erudite American? A turncoat?
>>>

>> Your preconceptions about your particular credentials, whilst
>>obviously misplaced, are quite clear in the above statement. As it
>>happens, my credentials are precisely those of the topic under
>>discussion, unlike you.

>Could you be more obtuse?
>
>C'mon, I dare you.

Could you be more stupid. It's quite simple really.
--
Kennedy

THO

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,