Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

Bill Funk

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:53:40 -0000, "dennis@home"
<(E-Mail Removed)-ass.net> wrote:

>"Bill Funk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:39:08 -0000, "dennis@home"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)-ass.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Thats why using hard drives for computer backup is not a good idea.
>>>Its less likely on a single purpose device like a camera though.

>> Using hard drives for backup isn't a bad idea at all.
>> The bad part is not understanding the drawbacks and dangers.
>> External drives are an excellent way to do backups, especially if they
>> are stored in a secure place.

>How many do you rotate through?

Drives? Or generations?
I usually use two drives for backups; one for imnages, stored in a gun
safe, and an external for backups of certain folders.
Of the images, I do incrementals for about six months, then start
over. This system keeps at least duplicates of importand files, and
triplicates of most.

--
The Dixie Chicks won the Grammy
for Best Country Album on Sunday