Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon Cpature

Nikon Cpature

Lee

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:36:23 -0500, Barry Pearson wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>):

> On Feb 12, 6:18 pm, Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [snip]
>> I understand your statement that Photoshop and Elements do not edit RAW but
>> you lost me with the rest. Is the next Photoshop going to be able to edit
>> RAW?

> [snip]
>
> This is becoming a problem of terminology rather than of fact.
>
> It is VITALLY important to distinguish between raw files (DNGs, NEFs,
> CR2s, etc) and the raw image data within those files. Taking about
> "raw" by itself is ambiguous.
>
> Plenty of products edit raw files such as DNGs, NEFs, and CR2s. For
> example, when ACR is used to edit a DNG raw file, the file is updated
> with metadata. Some products transfer raw image data from one file
> format to another, for example the DNG Converter.
>
> When someone talks about "thinking of XYZ as your negatives", the XYZ
> they are talking about is the raw image data, NOT the raw files. It is
> the raw image data that needs to be preserved. So non-destructive
> editing may change raw files, but not raw image data.
>
> Given that, I wonder what your question actually means?
>
> --
> Barry Pearson
> http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/photography/

I do not know what my question means right now. As you say the problem is
terminology and I do not know what the right words are anymore.

Lee

Park Ridge, NJ

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Joan

I don't see why you "have to purchase Photoshop for Windows".

From what I'm told, it's easy to switch between Mac and Windows.

--
Joan

"Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). net...
:
: I stay away from MicroSoft products if I can, but to answer your
question,
: Windows would run on the Intel Mac if I wanted to install the
software to
: make it work. I would then have to purchase Photoshop for Windows.
:
: Cheaper to just wait for the upcoming Mac version of Adobe PS CS3 to
come out
: of Beta.

Lee

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:59:35 -0500, Joan wrote
(in article <45d2c1f9$0$31846$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> I don't see why you "have to purchase Photoshop for Windows".
>
> From what I'm told, it's easy to switch between Mac and Windows.

Looks to me like I got sidetracked and confused by your Windows question.

You are right. I would not have to purchase PS for Windows since I already
have it for the Macintosh. I am now trying to figure out just what Windows
has to do with anything I want to do?

I do not know much about running Windows on a Mac and am not really
interested in learning about it. I am interested in running Capture but if
Nikon does not come out with a version that runs on an Intel Mac, soon, I
will switch to something else for processing RAW but never ever anything
"Windows".