Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Advice on pay for model and photographer

Advice on pay for model and photographer

Bobo Bonobo

I'm (potentially) contracting with a model and photograher out of
state to do one photo for the cover of my band's CD. The model will
be a cheerleader doing a cheer, so she'll have to get into the outfit,
and jump up however many times to get a good shot. What I want
delivered is a CD with her on a blue background to Photoshop into a
larger composition. The model is "aspiring," not pro, and we have
limited funds. I don't want to insult her--or the photographer--by
offering too little.

Could anyone give me an idea of how much to offer?

Thanks in advance.

--Bryan

Gregory Blank

In article <(E-Mail Removed) m>,
"Bobo Bonobo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm (potentially) contracting with a model and photograher out of
> state to do one photo for the cover of my band's CD. The model will
> be a cheerleader doing a cheer, so she'll have to get into the outfit,
> and jump up however many times to get a good shot. What I want
> delivered is a CD with her on a blue background to Photoshop into a
> larger composition. The model is "aspiring," not pro, and we have
> limited funds. I don't want to insult her--or the photographer--by
> offering too little.
>
> Could anyone give me an idea of how much to offer?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --Bryan

Average Models make approximately what the average Photographer makes.

Barring big names, 100-150 hour. If she's never done modeling say 75.00
and she will probably be thrilled, especially if you hit it big. Good
luck.
--
George W. Bush is the President Quayle we never had.

Bobo Bonobo

On Feb 9, 8:21 pm, Gregory Blank <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) m>,
> "Bobo Bonobo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I'm (potentially) contracting with a model and photograher out of
> > state to do one photo for the cover of my band's CD. The model will
> > be a cheerleader doing a cheer, so she'll have to get into the outfit,
> > and jump up however many times to get a good shot. What I want
> > delivered is a CD with her on a blue background to Photoshop into a
> > larger composition. The model is "aspiring," not pro, and we have
> > limited funds. I don't want to insult her--or the photographer--by
> > offering too little.

> > Could anyone give me an idea of how much to offer?

> > Thanks in advance.

> > --Bryan

> Average Models make approximately what the average Photographer makes.
>
> Barring big names, 100-150 hour. If she's never done modeling say 75.00
> and she will probably be thrilled, especially if you hit it big. Good
> luck.

Thank you for responding.

> --
> George W. Bush is the President Quayle we never had.

Daddy Bush had Quayle. Jr. has Cheney. Assassination insurance.

--Bryan