Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any Software that can Write-protect microSD ?

Any Software that can Write-protect microSD ?

Talal Itani

Hello,

Inside the microSD flash memory, and SD flash memory, there is a bit, that
once programmed, the data inside the chip becomes write-protected, and
permanent. I searched for a tool that can program this bit, but I did not
find any. Do you know of such a tool? Or driver? Or Software? Any
thought on this will help me. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
T.I.

Mike Fields

You might want to post that question over in the comp.arch.embedded
group -- that bunch there is always playing with stuff like that at the
bit level. Another group to try is the sci.electronics.design group.
Or, you could just put tape over the pins .... oh, you wanted to still
be able to read from it

mikey

"Talal Itani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsIvyh.113351$h75.68901@trnddc01...
> Hello,
>
> Inside the microSD flash memory, and SD flash memory, there is a bit,
> that once programmed, the data inside the chip becomes
> write-protected, and permanent. I searched for a tool that can
> program this bit, but I did not find any. Do you know of such a tool?
> Or driver? Or Software? Any thought on this will help me. Thank
> you very much.
>
> Best Regards,
> T.I.

ray

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 02:14:59 +0000, Talal Itani wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Inside the microSD flash memory, and SD flash memory, there is a bit, that
> once programmed, the data inside the chip becomes write-protected, and
> permanent. I searched for a tool that can program this bit, but I did not
> find any. Do you know of such a tool? Or driver? Or Software? Any
> thought on this will help me. Thank you very much.
>
> Best Regards,
> T.I.

'sdlock' for Linux.

Talal Itani

Thank you for the suggestion. I searched the web for sdlock, and found
only an application for an embedded board. Is this the sdlock you are
referring to?

> 'sdlock' for Linux.

Jimmy

http://www.embeddedarm.com/linux/sdcard_security.htm