Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Stereoscopic Lagoon Nebula

Stereoscopic Lagoon Nebula

tontoko

In the following website;

http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/i...e=post&id=2379

the image shown is the stereograph of Lagoon Nebula synthesized by
Stereographer
(http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/stereo...tereograph.htm /
original image: HST).

Ken Lucke

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
tontoko <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In the following website;
>
> http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/i...e=post&id=2379
>
> the image shown is the stereograph of Lagoon Nebula synthesized by
> Stereographer
> (http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/stereo...tereograph.htm /
> original image: HST).

ENOUGH!

Stop bombarding this group with your links to badly faked-up
"steroscopic" images, and the articles containing them which are
obviously nothing more than spamvertisements for your damn software.

As others have pointed out several times, even at the extremes of
Earth's orbit, the views wouldn't give enough parallax to create a
genuine stereoscopic image, so there's no way your software can even
approach doing so accurately for reality.

Can't you tell from the lack of response in the 3+ years that you've
been annoying these groups (I find your first post back in 12/04) that
virtually nobody here's even interested, especially as you don't seem
to be interested in any sort of participation in these groups except
for your posting self-serving ads?

Crawl back under your stereoscopic rock.

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:36:00 -0800, in rec.photo.digital Ken Lucke
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>ENOUGH!

Yes, just killfile the OP and not repost his message and the links. If you
and others who feel the need to reply to such articles when it most likely
is certain the OP is not reading the replies would stop, then these threads
would die quicker death in everyone's killfile. Otherwise all you are doing
is punishing the rest of us.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Doug McDonald

These images are fake, but I must point
out that true stereoscopic images of almost all planetary nebulae and
some galactic emission nebulae can in fact be produced.

This is because there is a strong correlation between position
and velocity, especially in planetary nebulae. Velocity can
be measured at many points in the nebula and used to
reconstruct a more or less full 3D picture of the thing.

Doug McDonald

Doug Robbins

"Doug McDonald" <mcdonald@SnPoAM_scs.uiuc.edu> wrote in message
news:eqat5i$9t9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> These images are fake, but I must point
> out that true stereoscopic images of almost all planetary nebulae and
> some galactic emission nebulae can in fact be produced.
>
> This is because there is a strong correlation between position
> and velocity, especially in planetary nebulae. Velocity can
> be measured at many points in the nebula and used to
> reconstruct a more or less full 3D picture of the thing.
>
> Doug McDonald

Wrong, as usual.

Doug McDonald

Doug Robbins wrote:
> "Doug McDonald" <mcdonald@SnPoAM_scs.uiuc.edu> wrote in message
> news:eqat5i$9t9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> These images are fake, but I must point
>> out that true stereoscopic images of almost all planetary nebulae and
>> some galactic emission nebulae can in fact be produced.
>>
>> This is because there is a strong correlation between position
>> and velocity, especially in planetary nebulae. Velocity can
>> be measured at many points in the nebula and used to
>> reconstruct a more or less full 3D picture of the thing.
>>
>> Doug McDonald
>>

> Wrong, as usual.

What do you mean by that "wrong, as usual"? I am indeed right.
I've been an amateur astronomer for a very long time, and
am by profession a spectroscopist.

Care to explain?? Especially the "as usual".

Doug McDonald

(Note to the inattentive: read my name CAREFULLY before
you jerk your knee!)