Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Samsung cyber 530

Samsung cyber 530

Abanowicz Tomasz

Hello
I have a few questions about Samsung cyber 530 digital camera
1. What is the difference between this digital camera and Samsung
digimax s500 ?
The specification on the net seems to be the same but maybe there are
some hiden details ?
2. How long movie (640x480x30f/s) fits on 1GB memory
3. Does this digital camera work with Linux ?
Does Linux recognize it as a digital camera ?

thanx for answer

Cgiorgio

1. The difference to the s500 appears to be in the labeling only.
2. Guessing from another ps camera using mpeg4 around 15 minutes. Be aware
that you can not zoom during recording on most digital cameras.
3. I doubt that it is supported by Linux as a camera, as it is not listed as
supported by the current gphoto project. You might need an SD card reader.
See http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...