Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photos to cartoons

Photos to cartoons

rfdjr1@optonline.net

A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a function
there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a while.
I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a trial
version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do just
this? Thanks.

Paul Heslop

> A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a function
> there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a while.
> I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a trial
> version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do just
> this? Thanks.

See if you can find a free trial of MGI Photosuite and in the Fun
section and special effects it has a colouring book option, which does
what you want and is variable, or at least the version I have does.
There are probably lots of progs that do it, but finding them is
something else
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Little Juice Coupe

You can also use Alien Skins new SnapArt plug-in. I has a comic option that
works surprisingly well. http://www.alienskin.com

ljc

--
Do not assume that because I didn't reply to your comments that you are
correct or that I am wrong or that I am correct and your are wrong. You

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a
>> function
>> there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a
>> while.
>> I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a
>> trial
>> version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do
>> just
>> this? Thanks.

> See if you can find a free trial of MGI Photosuite and in the Fun
> section and special effects it has a colouring book option, which does
> what you want and is variable, or at least the version I have does.
> There are probably lots of progs that do it, but finding them is
> something else
> --
> Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

George Kerby

Got a Mac?
If not, get one...
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...comiclife.html

On 1/24/07 1:13 PM, in article 45b7afd1$0$80120$(E-Mail Removed),
"Little Juice Coupe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> You can also use Alien Skins new SnapArt plug-in. I has a comic option that
> works surprisingly well. http://www.alienskin.com
>
> ljc

C J Campbell

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:41:28 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):

> A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a function
> there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a
> while.
> I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a trial
> version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do just
> this? Thanks.

Is there a PC version of Comic Life?

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Paul Heslop

George Kerby wrote:

> Got a Mac?
> If not, get one...
> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...comiclife.html

expensive way to do a cartoon of a pic... buy a new machine :O)

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Little Juice Coupe

Well since he said if you don't have a Mac get one and then provided the
link to the software I think it is pretty clear that there isn't a PC
version. Otherwise the comment about getting a Mac would have been pretty
stupid.

ljc

--
Do not assume that because I didn't reply to your comments that you are
correct or that I am wrong or that I am correct and your are wrong. You
can assume that you bore me!

"C J Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) e.com...
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:41:28 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote
> (in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):
>
>> A few years back, I used to go to, I believe, Kodaks site and use a
>> function
>> there to convert photos to fairly decent cartoons. I haven't seen it in a
>> while.
>> I did a Google search and found one lame program which I downloaded a
>> trial
>> version, and it was beyond weak. Anyone know of a site or program to do
>> just
>> this? Thanks.
>>

> Is there a PC version of Comic Life?
>
> --
> Waddling Eagle
> World Famous Flight Instructor

George Kerby

On 1/24/07 1:48 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "Paul
Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> George Kerby wrote:
>>
>> Got a Mac?
>> If not, get one...
>> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...comiclife.html

> expensive way to do a cartoon of a pic... buy a new machine :O)

But soooooo much fun!

Paul Heslop

George Kerby wrote:

> On 1/24/07 1:48 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "Paul
> Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > George Kerby wrote:
> >>
> >> Got a Mac?
> >> If not, get one...
> >> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...comiclife.html

> > expensive way to do a cartoon of a pic... buy a new machine :O)

> But soooooo much fun!

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

I did enjoy having a go at one but that was years ago, and now I am
rooted in my silly old windows ways.

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

C J Campbell

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:55:23 -0800, Little Juice Coupe wrote
(in article <45b7fff4$0$80070$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> Well since he said if you don't have a Mac get one and then provided the
> link to the software I think it is pretty clear that there isn't a PC
> version. Otherwise the comment about getting a Mac would have been pretty
> stupid.

No doubt. However, I wonder if there is something similar for PCs.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

How do I transfer saved photos/cartoons,etc..to e-mail page forfriends? 4justice Computer Support 1 04-23-2008 05:42 PM
Looking for old Disney Cartoons! Jan-Erik Hedlund DVD Video 3 07-31-2004 10:52 PM
Star Wars Cartoons Peter DVD Video 0 12-02-2003 03:09 AM
Disney censors old cartoons for DVD Gerry DVD Video 15 07-07-2003 09:43 AM
Re: Disney censors old cartoons for DVD Aaron J. Bossig DVD Video 0 07-05-2003 03:22 AM

Advertisments