Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which lenses to go with

Which lenses to go with

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:28:24 -0600, in rec.photo.digital David Dyer-Bennet
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:30:20 -0600, in rec.photo.digital David Dyer-Bennet
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Agreed here, but definitely a better value than the equivalent Nikon. I'm
>> happy with mine. Curious, by faster do you mean AF-S and/or lightwise?

>For the 12-24mm, I meant lightwise. Sorry for the ambiguity!

Thanks, that was what I might suspect. The one difference I see in choosing
between the Nikon and the Tokina is AF-S vs AF. At least for me what I had
in mind for it's use the slower focusing of the AF Tokina was more than
worth the $$ saved compared to the Nikon.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

sgtdisturbed

I am looking seriously at getting the 100-300mm f4 tokina for outdoor
wildlife shots, and have seen amazing shots taken with it. The manual
focus isn't a problem, and I am sure that it beats the lower-end auto
focus lenses like the Nikon 70-300 non-ED (can't afford the ED
version), but if I am wrong, and the Nikon 70-300 non-ED out-performs
the Tokina 100-300mm f4 lens, kindly let me know.