Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Casio Z-750 or related disassembly help?

Casio Z-750 or related disassembly help?

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

Does anyone have any experience disassembling a Casio Z-750 or similar
model in order to clean the sensor? I've got almost half a dozen large
black smudges showing in all photos where the aperture is small. I'm
guessing I've had some condensation issues inside the camera. Any help of
pointers would be appreciated.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

irwell

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:57:12 -0500, "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN
SIG!)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience disassembling a Casio Z-750 or similar
>model in order to clean the sensor? I've got almost half a dozen large
>black smudges showing in all photos where the aperture is small. I'm
>guessing I've had some condensation issues inside the camera. Any help of
>pointers would be appreciated.

There was something on one of the Russian websites,
for a Canon, I think.
Anyway the whole procedure looked very precarious.

babaloo

Unless taking things apart that cannot be put back together is your hobby
DON'T DO IT!

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:34:03 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "babaloo"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Unless taking things apart that cannot be put back together is your hobby
>DON'T DO IT!

Duh! Not very helpful. The request for info is an attempt to gauge what is
involved to determine when/if I might give it a try. The only other
alternative is to send it in to Casio, though I wonder if the cost
associated would be worth it to me. As it is my patience for dealing with
the images in post processing is wearing thin.
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...0/smudges.html

So here's a fixed lens, metal case camera that goes against the endless
diatribe of our resident loon Rich.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

>> Unless taking things apart that cannot be put back together is your
>> hobby DON'T DO IT!

> Duh! Not very helpful. The request for info is an attempt to gauge
> what is involved to determine when/if I might give it a try. The only
> other alternative is to send it in to Casio, though I wonder if the
> cost associated would be worth it to me. As it is my patience for
> dealing with the images in post processing is wearing thin.
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...0/smudges.html

Here's an idea that might have potential. Why don't you just blow some
compressed air into the seams of the camera? At this point it is worth the
gamble. You might get lucky and knock the crap off the sensor instead of
kicking up more internal dust. It beats the hell out of disassembly if that
thing is complicated.

Rita

Roy G

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have any experience disassembling a Casio Z-750 or similar
> model in order to clean the sensor? I've got almost half a dozen large
> black smudges showing in all photos where the aperture is small. I'm

Hi Ed

There was a posting fairly recently concerning cleaning the sensor on a
Canon P & S. The poster gave this link to a pictorial description of how to
do it.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18038181

The cameras may be different, but the basic principles will be very similar,
and the internal workings will probably also be similar. Even if not, at
least it will give you an idea.

I mentioned that the Battery should be removed, because the Flash Capacitor
can give you quite a jolt if it is still holding a charge.

Roy G

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:09:51 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Rita Berkowitz
<ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
>Here's an idea that might have potential. Why don't you just blow some
>compressed air into the seams of the camera? At this point it is worth the
>gamble. You might get lucky and knock the crap off the sensor instead of
>kicking up more internal dust. It beats the hell out of disassembly if that
>thing is complicated.

No offense, but I tried that from a hand can duster prior to posting. I'm
not will to try anything higher pressure than this. I'm a bit more
conservative than you and your Nikon cleaning system, even though I have
easy access to compressed N2 at pressures higher than a standard K bottle
and in much, much greater quantity.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))