Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Popular Photography's Shooting-All-The-Day Jan. 21

Popular Photography's Shooting-All-The-Day Jan. 21

popularphoto@gmail.com

Hi,

I am new to the group. I am an assistant editor at Popular Photography&
Imaging Magazine.

I wanted to tell everyone about an event on January 21. It's called
Shooting-All-The-Time-Day, it's a challenge to photographers to see
how forcing yourself to take photos all day for one day will help
strengthen your skills.

The idea is to take at least one photo every five minutes for 15 hours,
for a minimum of 225 photos.

Participants are encouraged to email their five best shots along with
their name, address and phone number to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). The
images will be posted on PopPhoto.com and one lucky person will be
selected to win a Pentax K100D digital camera with two lens and a 4GB
SanDisk Ultra II SD card (an $1,100 value).

For more information, go to popphoto.com/photocontests/3575.

If you have any questions, please respond to this post or email me at
(E-Mail Removed).

MarkČ

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the group. I am an assistant editor at Popular
> Photography& Imaging Magazine.
>
> I wanted to tell everyone about an event on January 21. It's called
> Shooting-All-The-Time-Day, it's a challenge to photographers to see
> how forcing yourself to take photos all day for one day will help
> strengthen your skills.
>
> The idea is to take at least one photo every five minutes for 15
> hours, for a minimum of 225 photos.
>
> Participants are encouraged to email their five best shots along with
> their name, address and phone number to (E-Mail Removed). The
> images will be posted on PopPhoto.com and one lucky person will be
> selected to win a Pentax K100D digital camera with two lens and a 4GB
> SanDisk Ultra II SD card (an $1,100 value).
>
> For more information, go to popphoto.com/photocontests/3575.
>
> If you have any questions, please respond to this post or email me at
> (E-Mail Removed).

How will you verify that the pictures were actually shot under these
guidelines?
In other words...what's to prevent someone from simply sending a dateless,
archived favorite shot?

www.pbase.com/markuson

TheNewsGuy (Mike)

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> ...and one lucky person will be
> selected to win a Pentax K100D digital camera with two lens and a 4GB
> SanDisk Ultra II SD card (an $1,100 value).

"Did'ya ever wonder" why the grand prize in photography contests is
always a camera.

They are giving it to the one person who obviously does NOT need a new
camera.

Aaron

And lo, MarkČ <mjmorgan@cox> emerged from the ether
and spake thus:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to the group. I am an assistant editor at Popular
>> Photography& Imaging Magazine.
>>
>> I wanted to tell everyone about an event on January 21. It's called
>> Shooting-All-The-Time-Day, it's a challenge to photographers to see
>> how forcing yourself to take photos all day for one day will help
>> strengthen your skills.
>>
>> The idea is to take at least one photo every five minutes for 15
>> hours, for a minimum of 225 photos.
>>
>> Participants are encouraged to email their five best shots along with
>> their name, address and phone number to (E-Mail Removed). The
>> images will be posted on PopPhoto.com and one lucky person will be
>> selected to win a Pentax K100D digital camera with two lens and a 4GB
>> SanDisk Ultra II SD card (an $1,100 value).
>>
>> For more information, go to popphoto.com/photocontests/3575.
>>
>> If you have any questions, please respond to this post or email me at
>> (E-Mail Removed).

> How will you verify that the pictures were actually shot under these
> guidelines?
> In other words...what's to prevent someone from simply sending a dateless,
> archived favorite shot?

Nothing, I imagine. It's just a gimmick, anyway. It might as well be a
"pick your five favorite photos" contest.

--
Aaron
http://www.fisheyegallery.com

Sudee

TheNewsGuy (Mike) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> ...and one lucky person will be
>> selected to win a Pentax K100D digital camera with two lens and a 4GB
>> SanDisk Ultra II SD card (an $1,100 value).

> "Did'ya ever wonder" why the grand prize in photography contests is
> always a camera.
>
> They are giving it to the one person who obviously does NOT need a new
> camera.

Most photography magazines are aimed at gearheads and gadget freaks
because they get all their ad money from the gear and gadget
manufacturers. Articles about the art/craft of photography,
photographers, or photo manipulation techniques often take a back seat
to ads for and articles about the latest and greatest stuff.

Pentax and SanDisk get really cheap advertising, the magazine probably
got the prizes for nothing or next to it and are promoting it cheaply by
posting it on usenet, and the contest participants get the illusion that
it's all about them.

--
Sue (feeling a bit cynical this morning)

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might
as well dance.
Unknown