Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Pacific Digital MF-810 Digital Photo Frame Card Reader

Pacific Digital MF-810 Digital Photo Frame Card Reader

jajustin@gmail.com

Hello,

I just purchased a Pacific Digital MF-810 Digital Photo Frame for my
Mom for Christmas. I'm very impressed with it so far. I was wondering
if anyone has used a card reader with it. My camera uses compact flash
cards. The frame uses USB 1.1 - which is the old obsolesced low speed
version (12 MB/sec) for USB standard. Most of the USB card readers are
USB 2, which is 480 MBS. I know that USB 2 is backward compatible with
USB 1.1 but, I was wondering if anyone has used a USB 2 reader with the
frame.

The Pacific Digital site has a lack luster compatibility chart for card
readers - the readers that they have tested either are not available
anywhere or are not as good as the one that they are selling. It's an
obvious marketing ploy - since they are trying to push their own card
reader. The Pacific Digital 7-in-1 card reader is only USB 1.1 and
sells for about 3x the price of other card readers on the market. And,
I would prefer to buy a USB 2 reader to use for other peripherals as
well if it would work.

So, it would be helpful to all owners of this frame if we knew what
readers have been tried worked, or didn't work.

Best
John