Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Child growing up in 30 seconds

Child growing up in 30 seconds

Rushtown@aol.com

My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

Rushtown@aol.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

Here's a version at a higher fps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnEDaMqLvo

Andrew Koenig

> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

If you liked that, you may also like this:

http://www.zabriskiegallery.com/Nixo...ixonimages.htm

John McWilliams

Andrew Koenig wrote:
>> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
>> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

Very prescient! Few of us knew then that we'd have U-tube today.
Interesting piece, and thanks.

> If you liked that, you may also like this:
>
> http://www.zabriskiegallery.com/Nixo...ixonimages.htm

This is excellent; had forgotten about this and didn't know it was
online. It's interesting to me that at some point(s) each one of the
sisters looks unattractive, but for the most part, each one is very good
looking.

--
john mcwilliams

Annika1980

> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

Very interesting. I'd like to see some fade transitions between the
images, kinda like a morph. Also, you could parse the number of images
down, especially in the early years where many of them seem the same.

Rushtown@aol.com

Annika1980 wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
> > for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

> Very interesting. I'd like to see some fade transitions between the
> images, kinda like a morph. Also, you could parse the number of images
> down, especially in the early years where many of them seem the same.

Thanks. This was a first attempt. When Ben was born I took a 35mm
picture every two weeks. As he got older it was difficult to get him
to cooperate so some of the pictures are two and three months apart.
(note the disgusted teenager look in some of the last ones.)

Look here in a few months. I will take your advice. I took a picture
of the slides using the close up function on my digital camera. Also I
can do a better job in focusing and centering and masking next time.
Thanks for the advice. Andrew Smyth aka Rushtown

Aaron

And lo, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> emerged from the ether
and spake thus:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
>> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

> Here's a version at a higher fps.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnEDaMqLvo

It's really getting there, now! You got the nose positioning spot on,
but I think some of the frames should be scaled a little bit to match
the edges of his face from one to the next.

Still, a really cool project.

--
Aaron
http://www.fisheyegallery.com

Rushtown@aol.com

Aaron wrote:
> And lo, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> emerged from the ether
> and spake thus:
> >
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
> >> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

> > Here's a version at a higher fps.
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnEDaMqLvo

> It's really getting there, now! You got the nose positioning spot on,
> but I think some of the frames should be scaled a little bit to match
> the edges of his face from one to the next.
>
> Still, a really cool project.
>
> --
> Aaron
> http://www.fisheyegallery.com
> http://www.singleservingphoto.com

You nailed it. I lined up the left nostril on my computer. When I re
do it I will have one picture as a type of template and I will vary the
size of each subsequent picture if needed to match up five or six
points.
I should have done a test run way back when and I would have seen the
need for a uniform background, the need to have Ben always look
directly at the camera, and the need to measure the distance. Also
color temperture should have been matched.
I'll do better with the first grandchild. I was hoping for the
timelapse effect where you would just see one face gradually morphing.
Look here again in 14 years. Andrew

Rod Williams

Aaron wrote:
> And lo, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> emerged from the ether
> and spake thus:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> My youngest son growing up in 30 seconds.
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX5X_pqISZg. I took a picture a month
>>> for 14 years (planning to post it on You Tube.

>> Here's a version at a higher fps.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDnEDaMqLvo

> It's really getting there, now! You got the nose positioning spot on,
> but I think some of the frames should be scaled a little bit to match
> the edges of his face from one to the next.
>
> Still, a really cool project.

A neutral background would have been nice.