Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Uploading Photos in Bulk to my website - Is this possible?

Uploading Photos in Bulk to my website - Is this possible?

nospam

Hi

I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
which one they would like a copy of.

Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
gallery on my website as I have described above?

Thanks in advance

Rudy Benner

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi
>
> I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
> neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
> which one they would like a copy of.
>
> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
> gallery on my website as I have described above?
>
> Thanks in advance

Check out Jalbum. Its what I use.

ray

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:16:30 -0800, nospam wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
> neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
> which one they would like a copy of.
>
> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
> gallery on my website as I have described above?
>
> Thanks in advance

I use imageindex for creating galleries - quite good and flexible.

Malcolm Smith

Microsoft windown under my NETWORK PLACES has a facility to set up a folder
that is effectively on your web server - you can then drag and drop complete
folders (and its sub folders) onto the web server.

Photoshop in Browse has a facility to select a group of photos and
automatically create a web site with scrollable thumbnail and select to
display large facility. It can be tested on your own pc then downloaded as
above for windows. I don't know how you do this on a mac but believe there
are various ftp (file transfer) programs available for this job for both the
mac and pc.

I have used the above to set up a tes web site for photographs while
designing a better one with dreamweaver. See www.ember-razement.com.au

Malcolm

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi
>
> I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
> neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
> which one they would like a copy of.
>
> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
> gallery on my website as I have described above?
>
> Thanks in advance

Derek Fountain

>> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
>> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
>> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
>> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
>> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
>> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
>> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
>> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
>> gallery on my website as I have described above?

> Check out Jalbum. Its what I use.

Me too, it's a great bit of free software. As long as the image filename
will suffice as the "tag" that people can use to identify their required
image it'll work out of the box.

--
Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

Pete

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi
>
> I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
> neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
> which one they would like a copy of.
>
> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
> gallery on my website as I have described above?
>
> Thanks in advance

Image Gallery Magic:

http://www.projectseven.com/products...agic/index.htm

A superb piece of software

Pete

Mike Russell

> "nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
>> neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
>> which one they would like a copy of.

JAlbum can do this, and has a template for ordering prints. It's free at
http://jalbum.net/

If you want to go even more elaborate, try coppermine. It's a full blown
photo site and may do more than you want, but it does support bulk upload of
images, either via FTP or using WinXP's web publishing wizard. It's also
free: http://coppermine-gallery.net/ .

I often upload to www.ofoto.com or www.snapfish.com. From there, friends
can order prints at about 14 cents each.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

jmc

Suddenly, without warning, nospam exclaimed (04-Jan-07 11:46 AM):
> Hi
>
> I would like to upload a gallery of photos to my website in bulk in a
> neat format so people can look at each photo on-line and let me know
> which one they would like a copy of.
>
> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
> gallery on my website as I have described above?
>
> Thanks in advance

I use ThumbsPlus' Web Page Wizard to create the table, links, and
comments in the .jpg file. I then use Dreamweaver to wrap a template
around it...

jodi [dot] ws

I've used TP for years, it's a great cataloging program, and the wp
wizard saves me exactly that laborious activity you're looking to get
out of.

jmc

Mueen Nawaz

nospam wrote:
> Currently, I create a table on my web page using Dreamweaver and insert
> a photo in each of the box inside the table, and type a file number or
> image title so people can identify which photos they would like a
> highresolution copy of. This is quite time consuming and would like to
> know if there is an easier way to upload a heap of photos to my website
> that produces a gallery with the image number next to each photo. I
> would like to upload at least 50 or 100 photos at a time. Is there a
> software package that will enable me to upload photos in bulk to a
> gallery on my website as I have described above?

I use, well, Gallery!

http://gallery.menalto.com/

(Your server needs PHP capability, though).

I notice this is rarely mentioned here. Any reason people don't use it?

--
Vultures only fly with carrion luggage.

/ \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

anl