Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon G7 -Do people find the need to copy images and video back to the Camera?

Canon G7 -Do people find the need to copy images and video back to the Camera?

cicada

I can't figure out a way to copy avi videos back to the Canon G7
memory card once they've been downloaded to a PC, even with its
own Canon Software. That's very inconvenient for me.

Some digital camera that I've had for years functions just like a
hard drive under Windows. That's much more easy to deal with.
Any thoughts on this?

Bill Funk

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:38:27 -0500, cicada <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I can't figure out a way to copy avi videos back to the Canon G7
>memory card once they've been downloaded to a PC, even with its
>own Canon Software. That's very inconvenient for me.
>
>Some digital camera that I've had for years functions just like a
>hard drive under Windows. That's much more easy to deal with.
>Any thoughts on this?

Get a card reader; you can transfer files to the card then just like
it was a hard drive or USB 'thumb' drive.
Card readers aren't expensive.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"