Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Automatically take pictures at a given interval

Automatically take pictures at a given interval

anthropocentric@hotmail.com

Hello all,

Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
being tethered to a PC?

That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cgiorgio

Most Ricoh Digicams have that function, minimum interval is 30 seconds,
maximum 3 hours - you will need some form of external power supply for
really long sessions. No WiFi however.

<(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
> being tethered to a PC?
>
> That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
> wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
> memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
> automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Mike Russell

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
> being tethered to a PC?
>
> That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
> wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
> memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
> automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?

My Nikon CoolPix 8700 will do this. No Wifi.
---
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Cynicor

> Hello all,
>
> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
> being tethered to a PC?

Nikon D200 has a built-in intervalometer.

> That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
> wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
> memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
> automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?

Nikon D200 has an optional wifi attachment.

Derek Fountain

> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
> being tethered to a PC?

If Canon is your thing you can get a TC80N3 remote timer which does what
you want and a whole lot more:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/tc-80n3.shtml

Impossibly useful gadget!

--
Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

ray

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:25:03 -0800, anthropocentric wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
> being tethered to a PC?
>
> That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
> wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
> memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
> automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

My Kodak P850 can be set to take up to 99 pictures at intervals from 10
seconds to 24 hours. I have not yet tried this feature.

Ron Hunter

Cynicor wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
>> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
>> being tethered to a PC?

> Nikon D200 has a built-in intervalometer.
>
>> That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
>> wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
>> memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
>> automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?

> Nikon D200 has an optional wifi attachment.

I can't imagine why such a feature isn't a standard on all digital
cameras. It would provide a good salable feature with nothing but
firmware to implement. Even better, it would sell batteries!
So why isn't it on every camera?

John Turco

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
> being tethered to a PC?
>
> That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
> wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
> memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
> automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

No Wi-Fi, but my Kodak P850 can do time-lapse, according to its
user's manual:

"Camera takes specified number of pictures (2-99) at specified
intervals (10 seconds-24 hours; 60 seconds-24 hours in TIFF
& RAW."

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

yarone.goren@gmail.com

Thank you everyone for your help.

Now a third criteria, after receiving all of these helpful answers?

Any inexpensive point-and-shoot type camera's out there with an
intervalometer?