Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best way to clean sensor

Best way to clean sensor

Michael Shaw

Looking for suggestions on cleaning the CMOS sensor on my 20D. I used a
rubber blower like the manual suggests but it looks like there is still some
dust on the sensor. Any comments will be appreciated.

Ken Lucke

In article <sj0lh.331177$1i1.327243@attbi_s72>, Michael Shaw
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Looking for suggestions on cleaning the CMOS sensor on my 20D. I used a
> rubber blower like the manual suggests but it looks like there is still some
> dust on the sensor. Any comments will be appreciated.

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/

Prego.

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard

Arnor Baldvinsson

Hi Michael,

> dust on the sensor. Any comments will be appreciated.

I have just discovered some dust on my 350D sensor that I need to clean -
blower helped with some of the specs but not all. Ken posted one very good
link and here are some more that I have collected:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...nsorclean.html
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...eaning_ii.html
http://www.visibledust.com/products.php?PID=202
http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/image/42963246
http://www.fovegraphy.com/IonizerE.php

I thought that last one was very interesting and since I like making things
and messing with stuff I figured I'd try to make one of those before I do
something else. Advantage is that it is non-touching device so you are not
scraping the filter with anything possibly abrasive.
--
Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas