Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Chargeable NiMH batteries for Canon A530

Chargeable NiMH batteries for Canon A530

Google for electrochemistry, reduction potential and try this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standar...rode_potential

Thanks for the link,

"Charles Schuler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:yrXkh.38174$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "No, it's just a function of the cell chemistry."
>>
>> Thanks for your clarification. Should have the time, could you elaborate
>> on this a little.
>> Battery chemistry always fascinated me.

Paul Rubin

> Should I purchase the Canon product, or can I purchase any ol' NiMH
> batteries/charger set? If I purchase a non-Canon product, will it work
> as well with my camera?

Get any kind. They will all work. The cheap ones may not work quite
as well, but they cost less. If you want a specific recommendation, try
Sanyo Eneloop (not yet that easy to find, but Ritz Camera has them).