Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Bash/"Doctor" my Yosemite Photo

Bash/"Doctor" my Yosemite Photo

Eric Miller

> That foreground area used to be a swamp, er, somewhat before my birth,
> so it's both pretty flat and level.

That won't explain all the post-correction leaning trees very well.

Eric Miller

John McWilliams

Eric Miller wrote:

>> That foreground area used to be a swamp, er, somewhat before my birth,
>> so it's both pretty flat and level.
>>

> That won't explain all the post-correction leaning trees very well.

All? Lens bend, perhaps?? I can see only one that's leaning for sure,
the dead one on the left. I can't tell if the stand on the left has a
lean or not, but: You can see more with more detail, I am sure.

There's also a tree about a third of the way in from the left that's
leaning the opposite way.

Trust me, that piece of ground is fairly level.

--
John McWilliams

Arnor Baldvinsson

Hi Eric,

> What would you have done?

Here is my feeble attempt to have some fun with it. Sky is partially
inherited from Iceland, startrails, northern lights and all<g> Kind of my
vision of how this place I've never seen could look on a dark night in full
moon, but with the northern lights we might have to move Yosemite a bit
north Anyway, it was fun playing with it - thanks for the opportunity

http://www.itakefotos.com/stuff/valley.jpg

--
Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas

Mike Russell

"Arnor Baldvinsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2Bolh.26442$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Hi Eric,
>
>> What would you have done?

> Here is my feeble attempt to have some fun with it. Sky is partially
> inherited from Iceland, startrails, northern lights and all<g> Kind of my
> vision of how this place I've never seen could look on a dark night in
> full moon, but with the northern lights we might have to move Yosemite a
> bit north Anyway, it was fun playing with it - thanks for the
> opportunity
>
> http://www.itakefotos.com/stuff/valley.jpg

Nice, Arnor, I like it. Here's a variation based on yours:
http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/f64...ley-arnor2.jpg
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Arnor Baldvinsson

Hi Mike,

> Nice, Arnor, I like it. Here's a variation based on yours:
> http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/f64...ley-arnor2.jpg

To me it looks too blue. Take a look at this part of a photo:

http://www.itakefotos.com/stuff/img_2713.jpg

This photo is taken from the same spot and at the same time (within minutes)
of the photo that I used for the sky. The mountain on the far right is
moonlight only, the mountain to the left get's a bit of light from the town
lights which turn it a bit orange.

Now take a look at this one:

http://www.itakefotos.com/stuff/img_2711.jpg

This photo is taken of a mountain where the moon is shining off of the snow.
This photo is processed much the same way as I processed the photo I
uploaded and you don't see a strong blue tone to it. This is a 61 second
exposure at f/9 and ISO400 with 18-55mm lens at 18mm. It was -10C and I did
this all with my left hand and a tripod, obviously, as I had my right arm in
a sling after a minor accident. I remember it was damn cold and I was
shivering by the time I took the last shot - because of the sling I was only
wearing a shirt and a thin coat over it<g>

--
Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas