Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Elements 4 for Mac

Elements 4 for Mac

DB4

Hi
Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
Dennis

Ken Lucke

In article <C1B71C01.BB66%(E-Mail Removed)>, DB4
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
> Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
> style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
> Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
> Dennis

You can probably use a Windoze version book just fine - just remember
that the interface is going to be slighly different, as most Mac
programs tend to follow HIGs and Win programs often seem to go out of
their way to ignore them. However, despite that, the underlying
routines and techniques will be the same, once you've found the
commands to implement them. Fortunately, because it's an Adobe
program, the interfaces won't be too different - Adobe DOES seem more
interested in following the HIGs than most.

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard

Ockham's Razor

DB4 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
> Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
> style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
> Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
> Dennis

Any of the books will work. The main difference is that the Win version
contains a picture sorting and cataloguing section that iPhoto does for
the Mac and will not be present in your Mac version. also, the keyboard
combinations are different but most of the books state what those are in
the preface or you can use the commands from the pull down menu's. And,
if you get plug-ins for various functions there will be both Mac and win
versions so order the correct one.

AAMOF, having been buying books since version one, I quit buying after
version 3 and those old books can give you all the tips and tricks.

There are also many web sites of tips and tricks. So many, that you
cannot take advantage of all of them. Try:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pse...nts_Tutorials_
and_User_Resources.htm

--
There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.

C J Campbell

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:35:45 -0800, DB4 wrote
(in article <C1B71C01.BB66%(E-Mail Removed)>):

> Hi
> Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
> style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
> Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
> Dennis

The Kelby books are best, covering both versions very well.

Ockham's Razor

In article <(E-Mail Removed) m>,
C J Campbell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:35:45 -0800, DB4 wrote
> (in article <C1B71C01.BB66%(E-Mail Removed)>):
>
> > Hi
> > Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
> > style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
> > Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
> > Dennis
> >

> The Kelby books are best, covering both versions very well.

These are good guides for specific projects. But, you will have to get
used to Kelby's cutsie style (which I cannot stand).

carrying a cross."
Sinclair Lewis

Ron Hunter

DB4 wrote:
> Hi
> Had elements 4 for around 2 months now and could do with a useful techniques
> style 'dip in' book but they all seem to be written for the windows version.
> Anyone out there found a book relevant to the Mac version?? Thx
> Dennis

Since the software is written for the Mac, then ported to the Windows
platform, everything should be close enough that you will have no
problem with using it with a Windows oriented book.