Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Changing picture information

Changing picture information

Pete Schultz

The date on my digital camera somehow got reset and unknowingly I took
some pictures before I discovered this. So some of the pictures have
data (can't remember what the picture data is called) that is incorrect,
i.e., the date picture was taken. How can I edit these data to put the
correct date and time into the jpg file? I have Paint Shop Pro 8 but
can't find any way to do editing of this type. I'm not ready to try a
binary file editor because I don't know how the data is stored in the
file. It's not a real problem but I'd like to keep the data correct.

Pete S...

Cgiorgio

Exifer will do that and much more: http://www.exifer.de/
It is available as "postcardware"

"Pete Schultz" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> The date on my digital camera somehow got reset and unknowingly I took
> some pictures before I discovered this. So some of the pictures have data
> (can't remember what the picture data is called) that is incorrect, i.e.,
> the date picture was taken. How can I edit these data to put the correct
> date and time into the jpg file? I have Paint Shop Pro 8 but can't find
> any way to do editing of this type. I'm not ready to try a binary file
> editor because I don't know how the data is stored in the file. It's not
> a real problem but I'd like to keep the data correct.
>
> Pete S...

Ken Lucke

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Pete Schultz
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The date on my digital camera somehow got reset and unknowingly I took
> some pictures before I discovered this. So some of the pictures have
> data (can't remember what the picture data is called) that is incorrect,
> i.e., the date picture was taken. How can I edit these data to put the
> correct date and time into the jpg file? I have Paint Shop Pro 8 but
> can't find any way to do editing of this type. I'm not ready to try a
> binary file editor because I don't know how the data is stored in the
> file. It's not a real problem but I'd like to keep the data correct.
>
> Pete S...

ExifTool

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

independence.