Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed 70-300 - My first MCSD.NET exam!

Passed 70-300 - My first MCSD.NET exam!

Nay Myo Aung

Hi everyone!

I've passed 70-300 exam today and I was really glad because I was assuming
this is the hardest exam for MCSD.NET certification but because of my real
world software architecting experience on Windows platform, the exam was not
as hard as I've assumed. What makes me more happy is that I've got the free
exam voucher from MS for being existing MCSD.

This is my first MCSD.NET exam but certainly not the first .NET exam. I've
completed 2 SQL Server 2000 exams (part of .NET Enterprise Servers) for my
MCDBA and I believe that has helped me partly for this exam. I've also read
product overviews of many .NET related products on Microsoft web site such
as BizTalk Server, Host Integration Server and Visual Studio .NET product
overviews and features.

I wouldn't recommend sitting this exam for anyone with ZERO .NET experience,
since it is very likely that candidate will fail.

Now, I guess the hard parts MCSD.NET is over for me

--
Nay Myo Aung
Chief Visual Software Architect

NMA SOFT Limited:
http://www.nmasoft.com

Marc Mlat

Congratulations!!!
For me 70-300 was the easiest.
It all depends on what you do at work every day
Marc M
MCSD (6, .NET)

Nay Myo Aung wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I've passed 70-300 exam today and I was really glad because I was assuming
> this is the hardest exam for MCSD.NET certification but because of my real
> world software architecting experience on Windows platform, the exam was not
> as hard as I've assumed. What makes me more happy is that I've got the free
> exam voucher from MS for being existing MCSD.
>
> This is my first MCSD.NET exam but certainly not the first .NET exam. I've
> completed 2 SQL Server 2000 exams (part of .NET Enterprise Servers) for my
> MCDBA and I believe that has helped me partly for this exam. I've also read
> product overviews of many .NET related products on Microsoft web site such
> as BizTalk Server, Host Integration Server and Visual Studio .NET product
> overviews and features.
>
> I wouldn't recommend sitting this exam for anyone with ZERO .NET experience,
> since it is very likely that candidate will fail.
>
> Now, I guess the hard parts MCSD.NET is over for me
>
> --
> Nay Myo Aung
> Chief Visual Software Architect
> MCP MCSD MCDBA & MCT
>
> NMA SOFT Limited:
> http://www.nmasoft.com

Gregory Lin

Congratulations!!!
For me 70-300 was the easiest, too.

Greg
MCSD, MCSE+Internet, MCDBA

robert

Hi,

How many minutes did you take ? and how many cases?

Thanks,

robert

Marcus Bowen

I just passed the 70-300 yesterday (9/30). It was
Pass/Fail (kinda wish I could see exactly how I did!). I
had 3 test cases and it took me just under one hour to
complete.

Marcus

Birger Johansson

"Nay Myo Aung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#t6l$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi everyone!
>
> I've passed 70-300 exam today and I was really glad because I was assuming
> this is the hardest exam for MCSD.NET certification but because of my real
> world software architecting experience on Windows platform, the exam was not
> as hard as I've assumed. What makes me more happy is that I've got the free
> exam voucher from MS for being existing MCSD.

--- snip ---

Congratulations!

I made it yesterday too, as I had that free voucher thingy.
As you pointed out, real life experience goes a long way, and
my only other preparation was to do the Transcender free demo
until I got 100%. Much like 70-100 at the time.

Good luck in the future!

/Birger Johansson, Ibitec AB

Marc Mlat

It all depends on how fast you can read and undertand the case study.
Something like 45 minutes per case study. Total 3 study cases
For me 10-20 mn to read and write down my notes
5-10 mn to answer the questions.

Marc M
MCSD (6, .NET)