Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photoshop CS3 Beta review of Photoshop, parts 1, 2 and 3

Reply
Thread Tools

Photoshop CS3 Beta review of Photoshop, parts 1, 2 and 3

 
 
Wayne J. Cosshall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2006
Hi All,

As part of my ongoing review of the CS3 Beta I've uploaded three new
articles on my site on Photoshop, looking at the user interface,
ImageReady, Smart Filters and Black and White:
<http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/pscs3.php>

More to follow.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Workshops and seminars: http://www.thedigitalimagemaker.com/
Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
just bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2006
Server down?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wayne J. Cosshall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2006
just bob wrote:
> Server down?
>
>

Nope, not that I can see.

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rich
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2006
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As part of my ongoing review of the CS3 Beta I've uploaded three new
> articles on my site on Photoshop, looking at the user interface,
> ImageReady, Smart Filters and Black and White:
> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/pscs3.php>
>
> More to follow.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne
>


I've never tried this with it, but suppose someone (to speed-up the
processes) wanted outfit PS with only toolbars and functions that
pertained to their personal work and get rid of (keep them offscreen)
any others. Is this possible? Reason is, PS is not as fast to use as
some other programs when it comes to doing various things. Being able
to have functions and even macros at a button's touch on the front
screen rather than buried in menus or consisting of multiple steps
(like a good camera body) would help.

 
Reply With Quote
 
just bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2006

"Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:459434bf$0$5743$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> just bob wrote:
>> Server down?

> Nope, not that I can see.


It is working for me now. Thanks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
KatWoman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-31-2006

"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> As part of my ongoing review of the CS3 Beta I've uploaded three new
>> articles on my site on Photoshop, looking at the user interface,
>> ImageReady, Smart Filters and Black and White:
>> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/specials/pscs3.php>
>>
>> More to follow.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Wayne
>>

>
> I've never tried this with it, but suppose someone (to speed-up the
> processes) wanted outfit PS with only toolbars and functions that
> pertained to their personal work and get rid of (keep them offscreen)
> any others. Is this possible? Reason is, PS is not as fast to use as
> some other programs when it comes to doing various things. Being able
> to have functions and even macros at a button's touch on the front
> screen rather than buried in menus or consisting of multiple steps
> (like a good camera body) would help.


the menus are easily customizable in terms of displaying what you want only
save as your worskspace or make several for differing jobs

uhh ACTIONS>??
for multiple steps processes this seems to have worked for most of us so far
it is also highly customizable
if you use it often don't keep it hidden!

for myself
I dragged the menus I use most often to one palette (Layers, actions,
history)
I rarely use channels or paths so I keep them off screen
I use navigator with swatches and styles on one palette
I keep the text palette hidden for most jobs
saved as my workspace

in actions I have a set called MY ACTIONS
I make ones for resizing and saving in several formats, I have to do often
and other actions I know will re-use for several images like color
correcting a large batch for example


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cs3 vs cs3 extended ? oleuncleted@aol.com Digital Photography 3 06-27-2008 01:21 PM
Photoshop CS3 or Dreamweaver CS3 on WinXP-64? Mike J.S. Windows 64bit 4 10-07-2007 06:18 AM
Photoshop CS3 Beta Indepth - Bridge Wayne J. Cosshall Digital Photography 33 01-04-2007 12:50 PM
Photoshop CS3 Beta Reviews - Parts 4 to 7 Wayne J. Cosshall Digital Photography 0 12-31-2006 12:07 AM
Photoshop CS3 Beta available for download Wayne J. Cosshall Digital Photography 6 12-16-2006 01:57 AM



Advertisments