Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What adapter do I need to read xD card in a CD drive?

What adapter do I need to read xD card in a CD drive?

phuile

Is it possible to read a Fuji xD card using a CD drive? What adapter do
I need??

Thanks,
Petre

banjo

"phuile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is it possible to read a Fuji xD card using a CD drive? What adapter do
> I need??
>
> Thanks,
> Petre

no.
but you can buy a card reader that plugs into a usb port.
just make sure that it will take your cards.

Matt Ion

phuile wrote:
> Is it possible to read a Fuji xD card using a CD drive?

Uh, no. xD, CF, SD, MMC etc. are all flash memory, storing and reading data
electrically. CDs are optical discs, storing data in physical variations in the
disc surface and read using light (laser).

> What adapter do I need??

Any suitable USB-connected card reader. Pick up a basic 6-, 8-, 10-in-one (or
more) card reader for $15-$20.

Roy G

"phuile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is it possible to read a Fuji xD card using a CD drive? What adapter do
> I need??
>
> Thanks,
> Petre

No.