Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection - HP C5180 or Canon Pixma MP530?

Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection - HP C5180 or Canon Pixma MP530?

Mike

"Michael Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> The MP530 uses the new chipped cartridges. I buy cartridges from here:
> https://www.neximaging.com/

They sell cartridges for the MP500 do I need to buy for the MP530?
They sell cartridges w/o the chip for $3.09 will they work for me?

Michael Johnson, PE

Mike wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> The MP530 uses the new chipped cartridges. I buy cartridges from here:
>> https://www.neximaging.com/

> They sell cartridges for the MP500 do I need to buy for the MP530?
> They sell cartridges w/o the chip for $3.09 will they work for me?

I think you will have to physically transfer the chip to the new
cartridge but you will lose ink monitoring capability. I would refill
instead of going through this hassle. There are some other systems
coming to market for the CLI-8 cartridges that solve the chip problems
but they aren't well tested yet and I would be skeptical of them until I
hear some positive feedback from real world users.

Mike

"Michael Johnson, PE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Mike wrote:
>> "Michael Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>> The MP530 uses the new chipped cartridges. I buy cartridges from here:
>>> https://www.neximaging.com/

>> They sell cartridges for the MP500 do I need to buy for the MP530?
>> They sell cartridges w/o the chip for $3.09 will they work for me?

> I think you will have to physically transfer the chip to the new cartridge
> but you will lose ink monitoring capability. I would refill instead of
> going through this hassle. There are some other systems coming to market
> for the CLI-8 cartridges that solve the chip problems but they aren't well
> tested yet and I would be skeptical of them until I hear some positive
> feedback from real world users.

I was ready to buy the Pixma MP 530 then saw the Pixma MP 600 for less money
on Amazon.
Reviews are about the same except the MP 530 has a fax which I don't
particulary care about.
Should I go wityh the MP 600?

Mike

Mike

"Michael Johnson, PE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> I think you will have to physically transfer the chip to the new

> cartridge but you will lose ink monitoring capability. I would refill
> instead of going through this hassle. There are some other systems coming
> to market for the CLI-8 cartridges that solve the chip problems but they
> aren't well tested yet and I would be skeptical of them until I hear some
> positive feedback from real world users.

I agree I don't want to go through all of that. For now, I'll just refill.