Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > LInes on printed photos

LInes on printed photos

nipper.dawg@gmail.com

Here is one i can not figure out. I have a canon i560 printer. When i
print from a photo disk (35mm film scanned to disc) i get beutiful
prints. When i print from electronic "prints" i get what looks like
very fine lines across the print in the direction of the printer head.
These are 8x5 prints.
I have tried printing from Jurasac Photoshop and by using the canaon
easyprint software. I have ruled out the printer as it makes perfect
photos. The digital source is a Kodak Easyshare Dx6490.
3 x 5 Prints dont seem to have this problem. The quality is set to
highest on the camera when the picture is taken using the Kodak.

Any ideas?

Thanks and happy holidays

nipper

Bob Williams

> Here is one i can not figure out. I have a canon i560 printer. When i
> print from a photo disk (35mm film scanned to disc) i get beutiful
> prints. When i print from electronic "prints" i get what looks like
> very fine lines across the print in the direction of the printer head.
> These are 8x5 prints.
> I have tried printing from Jurasac Photoshop and by using the canaon
> easyprint software. I have ruled out the printer as it makes perfect
> photos. The digital source is a Kodak Easyshare Dx6490.
> 3 x 5 Prints dont seem to have this problem. The quality is set to
> highest on the camera when the picture is taken using the Kodak.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks and happy holidays
>
> nipper

What do you mean by "Electronic Prints"?
Fine lines often result when the PRINTER is not set to highest quality
and/or the image has too few pixels for the print size you are trying to
make.
How many pixels does your image have?
Bob Williams