Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Distortion from Fuji E550

Distortion from Fuji E550

RichardMcCarty@gmail.com

Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
more often.

Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7

Anyone recognize what's going on?

Thanks for any advice you can offer,

Richard

Mike Jacoubowsky

> Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
> more often.
>
> Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7
>
> Anyone recognize what's going on?

Ick. Looks very similar to what my Olympus 5050 did after being dropped. My
guess is that the repair bill will exceed the value of the camera.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

peter

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4HLhh.10721$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
>> more often.
>>
>> Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7
>>
>> Anyone recognize what's going on?

> Ick. Looks very similar to what my Olympus 5050 did after being dropped.
> My guess is that the repair bill will exceed the value of the camera.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

A few weeks ago I saw refurbished E550 selling for around $100.
Or perhaps you could find better/newer camera to replace the E550.

The closest to the E550 I found is the Canon S80. It has 28mm wide angle,
even wider than E550. The down side is very expensive. Another wide angle
compact camera is kodak P880 but other than the 24mm wide lens there's
nothing special.

John Turco

peter wrote:

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4HLhh.10721$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> >> Our Fuji E550 digital camera is starting to distort our photos more and
> >> more often.
> >>
> >> Here's a sample: http://tinyurl.com/y276d7
> >>
> >> Anyone recognize what's going on?

> > Ick. Looks very similar to what my Olympus 5050 did after being dropped.
> > My guess is that the repair bill will exceed the value of the camera.
> >
> > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> > www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

> A few weeks ago I saw refurbished E550 selling for around $100.
> Or perhaps you could find better/newer camera to replace the E550.
>
> The closest to the E550 I found is the Canon S80. It has 28mm wide angle,
> even wider than E550. The down side is very expensive. Another wide angle
> compact camera is kodak P880 but other than the 24mm wide lens there's
> nothing special.

Hello, Peter:

I own a Kodak P850, and it's far from "compact." The P880 is even
bigger, being at (or near) the size of a DSLR camera.

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>