Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > photo dvd tv slideshow software

photo dvd tv slideshow software

Janwillem van Dijk

I would like to show my digital photos using a dvd (or vcd)on TV.
I want something really simple that just simulates an old fashioned
slide projector using the >> and << buttons on the remote control but
does include menus. Picture quality is priority number one.

I tried a dozen programs. They all have fancy features but also all show
the photos for a pre-set time and going back or forward a few slides
with << or >> almost always results in unpredictable jumps.

What does work is ccdtovcd but this at best produces VCD2 and has a
relatively poor mpeg still converter. I want as good as possible
pictures that do credit to my Nikon D50.

I run AMD64 3200+ using Linux (Ubuntu) and Win2k. My preference is Linux
or cross-platform but Win2k is ok. GUI is preference but well documented
command line is OK.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice.
Janwillem

(change xyz by janwillem in mail address)

Bob

a specific tutorial is here
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1452
Janwillem van Dijk wrote:
> I would like to show my digital photos using a dvd (or vcd)on TV.
> I want something really simple that just simulates an old fashioned
> slide projector using the >> and << buttons on the remote control but
> does include menus. Picture quality is priority number one.
>
> I tried a dozen programs. They all have fancy features but also all show
> the photos for a pre-set time and going back or forward a few slides
> with << or >> almost always results in unpredictable jumps.
>
> What does work is ccdtovcd but this at best produces VCD2 and has a
> relatively poor mpeg still converter. I want as good as possible
> pictures that do credit to my Nikon D50.
>
> I run AMD64 3200+ using Linux (Ubuntu) and Win2k. My preference is Linux
> or cross-platform but Win2k is ok. GUI is preference but well documented
> command line is OK.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions and advice.
> Janwillem
>
> (change xyz by janwillem in mail address)

Mike Fields

Check out Photodex "Proshow Gold" - I'm not sure about being
able to use the direction buttons, but it does a nice job of converting
the images, allows nice transitions, zooms etc. and allows voice over
and a music track --- you could even add a sound track of an old
slide projector with the leaf blower fan if you wanted to !!

mikey

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...