Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ProShow Gold 3.0

ProShow Gold 3.0

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out. A
friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be able
to read older project (created by 2.x).

I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?

BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on 3.0?
Thankx
--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

Mike Fields

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out.
> friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be
> able
> to read older project (created by 2.x).
>
> I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?
>
> BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on
> 3.0?
> Thankx
> --
> Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
> http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

Go to the photodex site -- Your 1 year of upgrades will include
version 3.0 http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

One of the better places for much more information on both
ProShow Gold AND Proshow Producer is the "itsmygallery" forum
at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php Both PSG and PSP
are supported there with lots of good information. From what I
have heard, most of the 2.6 stuff seems to work in 3.0, but once
you save in 3.0, you can not open the show in 2.6 There have
also been a number of comments from people who have run both
2.6 and 3.0 on their machines at the same time (you just install
into different directories). There is also a Yahoo support group
for the Proshow stuff as well (with many of the same people).

mikey

Mike Fields wrote:
> Go to the photodex site -- Your 1 year of upgrades will include
> version 3.0 http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

Nice

> One of the better places for much more information on both
> ProShow Gold AND Proshow Producer is the "itsmygallery" forum
> at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php Both PSG and PSP
> are supported there with lots of good information. From what I
> have heard, most of the 2.6 stuff seems to work in 3.0, but once
> you save in 3.0, you can not open the show in 2.6 There have
> also been a number of comments from people who have run both
> 2.6 and 3.0 on their machines at the same time (you just install
> into different directories). There is also a Yahoo support group
> for the Proshow stuff as well (with many of the same people).

Thanks for the link. Very usefull.
--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

Mark B.

"Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out. A
> friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be able
> to read older project (created by 2.x).
>
> I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?

Your friend has it backwards - 3.0 can read my 2.6 files just find, but the
older version may not be able to read files saved on 3.0.

> BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on 3.0?

Yes, the license is good for a year.

Mark

Mike Fields

"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out.
>> friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be
>> able
>> to read older project (created by 2.x).
>>
>> I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?
>>

> Your friend has it backwards - 3.0 can read my 2.6 files just find,
> but the older version may not be able to read files saved on 3.0.
>

>> BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on
>> 3.0?

> Yes, the license is good for a year.
>
> Mark

There were some issues according to reports in the proshow forums
with reading and/or correctly handling 2.6 stuff in version 3, but
as of the latest build (1897 - 23-DEC I think), that issue looks like
it has been mostly resolved.

mikey