Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photoshop CS3 Beta Indepth - Bridge

Photoshop CS3 Beta Indepth - Bridge

Wayne J. Cosshall

Hi All,

I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
the new features of Bridge:
<http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>

More soon.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

ronviers@gmail.com

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:

> I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
> the new features of Bridge:
> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>

> Wayne J. Cosshall
> Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
> Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

Nice job Wayne,
I do not work with Betas so I am glad you are taking a look. I hope
Adobe makes some big additions. I also hope you continue to post when
you make revisions and additions to your findings.

Thanks,
Ron

Wayne J. Cosshall

> Nice job Wayne,
> I do not work with Betas so I am glad you are taking a look. I hope
> Adobe makes some big additions. I also hope you continue to post when
> you make revisions and additions to your findings.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks. Yes, I'll keep putting them up. I'm working on Camera RAW and PS
now. They look pretty stable at this stage.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall

John McWilliams

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Nice job Wayne,
>> I do not work with Betas so I am glad you are taking a look. I hope
>> Adobe makes some big additions. I also hope you continue to post when
>> you make revisions and additions to your findings.
>>

> Thanks. Yes, I'll keep putting them up. I'm working on Camera RAW and PS
> now. They look pretty stable at this stage.

Right now, there are video tutorials by Deke McCleland up at Lynda.com,
for free. Excellent.

I look forward to reading your pages, Wayne; thanks.

--

John McWilliams

I have CS2 (PC platform). I stopped using the RAW converter (20D) after

I realized there were two significant (and probably related) issues:

1. Tends to noisy shadows
2. Tends to clip the low end of the histogram on one or more channels

(And yes I set the 'shadows' to zero and tried numerous other tweaks.)

These complaints are in comparison to Canon Digital Photo Professional.

I use DPP exclusively now because of these two issues (although I love
the chromatic abberation correction in ACR).

Any early comparison on the CS3 RAW converter regarding these two
issues?

Thanks

Maria

Hi!

How to create Web Photo Galleries with Adobe Photoshop CS3 ?

I can't find...

Can you help me?

<(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
>
>> I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
>> the new features of Bridge:
>> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>

>> Wayne J. Cosshall
>> Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
>> Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

> Nice job Wayne,
> I do not work with Betas so I am glad you are taking a look. I hope
> Adobe makes some big additions. I also hope you continue to post when
> you make revisions and additions to your findings.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

John McWilliams

W wrote:
> I have CS2 (PC platform). I stopped using the RAW converter (20D) after
>
> I realized there were two significant (and probably related) issues:
>
> 1. Tends to noisy shadows
> 2. Tends to clip the low end of the histogram on one or more channels

> (And yes I set the 'shadows' to zero and tried numerous other tweaks.)
>

> These complaints are in comparison to Canon Digital Photo Professional.
>
> I use DPP exclusively now because of these two issues (although I love
> the chromatic abberation correction in ACR).

> Any early comparison on the CS3 RAW converter regarding these two
> issues?

Not from me! <s.> So far, I've not had the time or inclination to do
good side-by-side comparisons of RAW converters, but there are others
here who've done great comparisons and written them up.

I've been using Lightroom for a while, and so the differences in CSIII
that might be apparent compared to CSII are even less so for me. My type
of photography currently doesn't lend itself to such analyses---- that's
my story and I am sticking to it!

If I see a good review, I'll try to remember to link it here.

--
John McWilliams

Don Leman

Outstanding article Wayne. Thank you for posting.

I downloaded the beta yesterday but hadn't realized the stacking feature. I
did stumble across the loop thing but didn't know you could use the scroll
wheel to magnify the loop image.

I will look forward to your additional coverage of CS3

--
Don

"Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4583b64a$0$16553$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi All,
>
> I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
> the new features of Bridge:
> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>
>
> More soon.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne
>
> --
> Wayne J. Cosshall
> Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
> Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

Johan W. Elzenga

Maria <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How to create Web Photo Galleries with Adobe Photoshop CS3 ?
>
> I can't find...
>

> Can you help me?

Just like before. They are now called 'Adobe Media Gallery'.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl

Celcius

"Wayne J. Cosshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4583b64a$0$16553$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi All,
>
> I've started my indepth coverage of the new PS CS3 Beta with coverage of
> the new features of Bridge:
> <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=808>
>
> More soon.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne
>
> --
> Wayne J. Cosshall
> Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker, http://www.dimagemaker.com/
> Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/

Wayne,
The site is great. However, I downloaded CS3 to try it out today and clicked
on the 30 day trial. Surprise! After I opened Photoshop CS3 again, it showed
me I only had 2 days left... a real bummer ;-( I already have Photoshop CS2
and I was intested in Bridge also...
Marcel