Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Seeking MySQL Database Server Photo Program

Seeking MySQL Database Server Photo Program

LuvLatins

OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
with a MySQl Database too.

Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
acceptable.

Thanks

lubecki@hotmail.com

Unless you have a really compelling reason to set up your own photo
website, it would make much more sense to just use an existing service,
like flickr.com.

-Gniewko

LuvLatins wrote:
> OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
> site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
> with a MySQl Database too.
>
> Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
> acceptable.
>
> Thanks

Tony Gartshore

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
> site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
> with a MySQl Database too.
>
> Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
> acceptable.
>
> Thanks

Take a look at Coppermine... You can FTP all your pics into a directory
structure on your server and then tell CM to import them into albums..

T.

Aaron

And lo, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> emerged from the ether
and spake thus:
> Unless you have a really compelling reason to set up your own photo
> website, it would make much more sense to just use an existing service,
> like flickr.com.
>
> -Gniewko
>
> LuvLatins wrote:
>> OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
>> site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
>> with a MySQl Database too.
>>
>> Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
>> acceptable.
>>
>> Thanks

If you have control over the webserver, I have realized almost a 50%
increase in performance with Gallery 2 by using eAccelerator, a widely
used PHP opcode cache.

Don't discount Gallery 1 as an option; its framework is much smaller,
theme system is almost as fully-featured, and it is much faster.

Coppermine is a piece of crap; don't waste your time. I have used all
three in production and Gallery is vastly superior.

--
Aaron
http://www.fisheyegallery.com

Mike Russell

"Tony Gartshore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
>> site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
>> with a MySQl Database too.
>>
>> Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
>> acceptable.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Take a look at Coppermine... You can FTP all your pics into a directory
> structure on your server and then tell CM to import them into albums..

I second the vote for Coppermine - it's open source, free, and uses MySQL.
You can download images individually, use FTP for batch downloading, and
it's also compatible with XP's Web Publishing Wizard. I've been using it
for almost a year without a hitch for a reasonably large user base.

The disadvantages might be that it does not give you much control over
organizing the look and feel (though it does support skins), and it may do
"too much" - it's a fully administered multi user system that can be
integrated with other BBS software, such as SMF, though you could use it as
a single user system if you prefer.
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Don

LuvLatins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
> site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
> with a MySQl Database too.
>
> Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
> acceptable.
>
> Thanks

Take a look at this (a bookmark and page I saved from Usenet)

http://butterflies.usenetshit.info/butterfly